Recent content by MikeH31324

1. MikeH31324

MK6 Jetta TDI hard to start one time then fires up next with one key turn all in summer Tenn weather, why?

Yep my car works exactly the same way. Crazy they make you lock the steering column temporarily before you can restart the car if you accidentally stall it while driving. Having said that, when I have the No start condition with my car, it will allow you to engage the starter multiple times...
  2. MikeH31324

MK6 Jetta TDI hard to start one time then fires up next with one key turn all in summer Tenn weather, why?

When the no start condition occurs, are you cycling the ignition off and back on each time before trying to crank the engine, or are you just cranking it over again without turning the ignition off?
  3. MikeH31324

Thank you for this information. It definitely seems like the ECU is not booting up correctly when this happens. I have been watching the glow plug indicator more closely and if I get a normal glow plug cycle indication, the car starts every time. If I get a short glow plug cycle, or no glow...
  4. MikeH31324

I am having this exact issue with my car. Definatly no fuel being injected by the ECU when this no start condition occurs. No codes or any other indications of faults. Are you saying this is a known issue after the emissions software "fix"? When this no start condition happens on my car...
  5. MikeH31324

Diff backlash noise

I don't think that is causing the noise. My car has similar gear train lash. My guess would be the subframe is shifting. I installed a lock collar kit from Torque Solution on my car and it made a huge difference. It stopped the clunking noises from the front suspension, and improved handling...
  6. MikeH31324

cr fuel system

Maybe the pressure regulator valve on the rail has some small trash inside that is preventing it from fully closing when power is applied. When you use the timer you installed to run the electric pumps, maybe it is now helping to force the pressure regulator closed and allow fuel pressure to...
  7. MikeH31324

Intermittent No Start. No Glow Plugs.

I was thinking it may be something like that. Maybe it is related to my Rawtek stage 2 tune? The only code I have seen a few times is a MAF sensor code. This code clears and only seems to come back if I have a no start. The car will start without the MAF sensor connected so I’m not sure if...
  8. MikeH31324

Understood regarding the glow plug cycle time vs OAT. I am almost positive that the glow plugs aren’t cycling on at all when I am having these random No starts. I honestly haven’t listened for the in tank pump, I will try it. I have verified the inntank pump and aux pump both function when...
  9. MikeH31324

Timing belt @143k with stage 2 tune @100k

OK, thanks! I should have a couple of those already.
  10. MikeH31324

I have been having an intermittent no start issue for the last few months. When this occurs, the engine wI’ll crank over but not fire. If I don’t cycle the key off, and just try to crank the engine again, I sometimes get a whole bunch of faults on the instrument cluster and MFD such as...
  11. MikeH31324

Timing belt @143k with stage 2 tune @100k

I have just over 90k on my 2012 and can’t decide when I want to change it. I have all the parts, tools and even a CP3 to install while I’m in there. I bought the parts when I got the car a little over three years ago because I was concerned about timing belt deterioration due to age. But the...
  12. MikeH31324

MK6 Interior parts Chicago, IL

Sorry haven't been on here for a while. Can you quote me the price for the A pillar covers shipped to 31324?
  13. MikeH31324

I only really need the A pillar covers, but if the price is right.....
  14. MikeH31324

Bolt sizes for front lower control arms?

Not sure. Do you have an aluminum subframe? If you do the bolts should be what I listed. What lengths came out?
  15. MikeH31324

Would you be willing to ship the pillar covers and miscellaneous pieces?