Recent content by Mike14VW

1. M

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Just got oil analysis back, thoughts. Second owner, first after VW recall. Oil sample at 10k miles, also first change since buying. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  2. M

Fuel economy - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks lightflyer, ur highly knowledgeable! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  3. M

So, I've been hearing this about the tdi's regen cycle and short distances ..... is there any magic number of say non-stop driving miles one should drive daily for this not to be an issue.. I see this is a loaded question because of all the variables. I drive daily 2miles back roads, 13 miles...
  4. M

I understand that but middle of may almost into June is when I gained 4 mpg, like switch of a lite bulb....at this time of year, where I'm from.... we should already be out of the winter grade fuel and into warmer temps.... maybe an increase has nothing to do with fuel filter but that would have...
  5. M

Screenshot of my fuel log is attached. In the first 6 fill ups the only fill up that dropped below 40 was fuel I got at sheets. Do what you want, I was amazed that I gained that much from changing the fuel filter. It is a 6 speed and I do drive it to get the max mpg I can. My driving style has...
  6. M

Maybe just a fluke but I did nothing else differently. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  7. M

Yeah idk, never had it happen b4with changing the filter, the car had sat for a year up to the fix. I had been tracking it since I purchased the car was averaging 43-44 almost every fill up. Changed the filter after half a dozen fill ups and has stayed at 47-48 every fill up. Sent from my...
  8. M

Not the only thing you can do but change the fuel filter. I have a 14' non DSG and gained 4 mpg's. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  9. M

tips for fuel economy

Fair enough. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  10. M

tips for fuel economy

Good job! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  11. M

tips for fuel economy

Whatever you guys wanna think, changing the clogged/dirty fuel filter will maximize air/fuel ratio and as result, gas mileage will increase. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  12. M

tips for fuel economy

Not sure what ur talking about. You can always give more throttle (fuel) to maintain the same speed of something less restricted. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  13. M

tips for fuel economy

Think I'm around 45. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  14. M

tips for fuel economy

Lightflyer, I would agree. I negotiated on the side of I would be doing it. All vehicles I've bought I've always gone through and changed all the fluids and filters knowing (in my opinion) that majority of car owners do not do service past motor oil and filter changes. I also changed my gear...
  15. M

tips for fuel economy

Damn that's low mileage. Idk why VW isent proactive about changing the filter. Not really a safety issue though. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk