Recent content by Mike Morriss

1. M

2014 TDI Jetta Sportwagen Particle Trap Bank1 & EGR faults

The VAG DPF didn't work. They said my car wasn't covered :-( The OBDLink MX+people couldn't help either. They said to consult a forum, so here I am again. I think it was doing a regen a few days ago when I shut the engine off. The fans kept running. I restarted the engine and let it run...
  2. M

DPF failure data collection

There is normally a substantial fee for checking for codes. I hope you can get a code, and I hope an applicable code, before you take it in. My 2014 TDI Jetta had similar issues with soot in tailpipes but had codes. In my case, their fee for checking codes was covered under the emissions...
  3. M

Thanks! I downloaded VAG DPF. Which ScanTool device do you recommend?
  4. M

DPF failure data collection

2014 TDI Jetta Sportwagen, 6 speed manual tranny. Fix done around 50K. Then I bought it. Now just under 100K. CEL just started coming on with 008194 - Particulate Trap Bank 1 P2002 - 007 - Efficiency Below Threshold - MIL ON And 001025 - EGR System P0401 - 001 - Insufficient Flow - MIL...
  5. M

Thanks SO MUCH!!! I'll go in armed with info, thanks to you :-) Yes, we do quite a bit of short trip driving. We are retired and live 5 miles out of town where the speed limit varies between 65, 55, 45, and slower. We bought the car from a VW place after the recall. Thanks again +++
  6. M

Thanks SO MUCH! The VW dealer I hae decided to take the car to is 127 miles away, via an Interstate highway with speed limits of 75 mph most of the way, 70 part of the way and 60 part of the way. The service advisor told me to drive like I usually do, which would be in 6th gear, getting around...
  7. M

We now have a 2014 TDI Jetta Sportwagen. I have a Vag-Com but am not a mechanic. I live in north...

We now have a 2014 TDI Jetta Sportwagen. I have a Vag-Com but am not a mechanic. I live in north central Oklahoma, a few miles north of Ponca City.
  8. M

Hi! I am trying to decide on a VW dealer that has a good shop. Wichita and the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas are about the same distance from our home. Since this repairs should be covered by warranty, I'm stuck taking it to a dealer's shop, I guess. Here's my problem: While driving in...
  9. M

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

I used this guy for years and loved his service & attitude. Unfortunately, he no longer does VW work and has moved. Ray Greulich - Ray_G http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=23572 30313 W. Athens RD. Mannford, OK (west of Tulsa) 918 497 0857
  10. M

'10 Jetta Seat Belt Won't Retract

Hi! 2014 Sportwagen. Driver side rear seatbelt fully extended & won't retract. :-( Don't think there are any twists or anything. Can pull belt out about 1" or so and it goes back that far, so seems free but is really easy to pull it out the 1". I hope someone knows how to fix this other than...
  11. M

How to trouble shoot flakey cruise control

The problem, at least on some models, is the system checks for voltage on the brake light circuit to be at or near zero V when cruise is supposed to be engaged. LED lights don't pull the voltage down enough. Simply install a resistor across either of the brake light wires to ground to fix...
  12. M

How to disable / disconnect DRL - with pictures

Another option - I have an 05 Beetle that was made in Mexico. I tried to do the mod where one puts plastic in the TFL slot in the headlight switch connector. The TFL slot had no wire/connector in it. I saw somewhere someone else had a beetle made in Mexico. That person couldn’t use the TFL...
  13. M

Disable Drl in 06 new beetle

Another option - I have an 05 Beetle that was made in Mexico. I tried to do the mod where one puts plastic in the TFL slot in the headlight switch connector. The TFL slot had no wire/connector in it. I saw somewhere someone else had a beetle made in Mexico. That person couldn’t use the...
  14. M

Dead spot in the power curve

Thanks TornadoRed. I agree that having a VAG-COM to see what boost you are getting after each adjustment is very desirable, but if one isn't available, I believe with cautious (small, like 1/4 or 1/2 half turn at a time) adjustments and a little trial and error one can achieve a satisfactory...