Recent content by mhuenink1

1. M

my 2012 just started on fire!!!! PLEASE HELP

Good advice. I am going thru insurance, because the car might get totaled. And i needed a rental. I used a powder fire extiguisher on it (just your typical one found inside most buildings), and i found out this morning that all that powder is highly corrosive. It will eat the paint off the...
  2. M

The car will still start and run just fine, but it will be smoking out of the exhaust. Not a runaway. No warning lights on at all prior to fire. No DPFlight, not CEL, no blinking glow plug. But now, after the fire, there is a CEL and a blinking glow plug light. It will get towed to the VW...
  3. M

PLEASE HELP. My 2012 tdi started on fire!!!!

I need to gather as much information about this car as I can to help me with insurance. Here is what happened: Driving home from work. 2012 jetta tdi, 175,000 miles. Always use 50700 oil. Always maintained really well. Emission modification completed on 8/18/2017 at 141,796 miles. (still...
  4. M

Filled up only shows 3/4 on fuel gauge

Did you leave the car running or turned on? I had this happen before when i left the car turned on. Make sure you the car competely turned off when you fill up. My problem eventually fixed itself after a few drives and one more tank of fuel.
  5. M

I need to gather as much information about this car as I can to help me with insurance. Here is what happened: Driving home from work. 2012 jetta tdi, 175,000 miles. Always use 50700 oil. Always maintained really well. Emission modification completed on 8/18/2017 at 141,796 miles. (still...
  6. M

$500 +shipping BNIB south bend stage 2 clutch and SMF kit 98-2006

SKU#: K70316F-HD-O South bend stage 2 daily clutch with SMF Long story short, I bought a clutch for my 06 TDI, and the shipping got super delayed, so I bought another one and it arrived in 2 days. A week later the second clutch came. I don't need the second clutch. The clutch was $578 on...
  7. M

2005.5 mkV jetta brm-esp light stays on and no a/c

Sorry this took so long. I haven't had time to do anything with my car. I did get it re-scanned, and no change after cleaning the grounds. Any other ideas? I am desperate now as I really wish i had A/C during this 104 degree weather.
  8. M

I haven't had time to drive to the guy who scanned my car last time. I'll try to do that.
  9. M

So I cleaned all the grounds and put good dielectric grease on all the contact points. I cleaned the fuse box up as well. But I am still having the problem. The ESP light comes on right away before I even start the car. Someone please help as I would really like to get my a/c running again.
  10. M

Here is the crazy long list of codes. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Sorry this is so long, I'm not sure what is important, and what's not) VCDS Version: Release 14.10.2 (x64) Data version: 20150311 www.Ross-Tech.com Monday,11,May,2015,19:24:35:38513 Chassis Type: 1K (1K0)...
  11. M

Vibration 30-40mph but only accelerating

I also had my CV axle vibrate only while the car was under load. I would notice the vibration more at certain speeds. In the winter it took like 30 minutes of driving to hear any thing as the grease took a bit to warm up. It never knocked when i was turning. Make sure you do not get axles from...
  12. M

Showing no breaks in load signal wire @ plug (looks like previous owner already fixed this?) These groups of wires all looked really good. No wear spots in the wires. I know this is an issue, lots of corrosion, but would any of these fused wires even be linked to my issue?
  13. M

Here are the issues: The ESP light would come on after driving long periods of time and i would notice the a/c would also not work when this happened. I could turn off the car and turn it back on and the issue would go away. (no esp light, and a/c would work) This happened about 10 times. But...
  14. M

How I fixed fault code 17911

I think this is what is happening to me as well. Thank you for the post and I will hopefully find some broken wires.