Recent content by mgj2727

1. M

Anyone buy an extended warranty?

First of all, I'm not bragging - I was sharing information as to what I paid, so that others (who are considering) an extended warranty can negotiate with their dealers or buy from Chris. I think it is worse for those that post here about how crappy it is to buy an extended warranty. At least...
  2. M

2012+ Passat TDI: What did you pay?

Just picked up a 2013 TDI SEL PREM at 31K, it was more than 8% off MSRP (msrp=33,745). Also bought extended warranty (platinum) for 6yr/100K for 1829 (still deciding if we'll keep that). And financing through PenFed at .99% for 60 months (or .49% for 48 months).
  3. M

Anyone buy an extended warranty?

We scored on our 2013 VW Passat TDI SEL PREM extended warranty We are just in the process of signing the deal for the extended warranty for 6 years or 100K for 1829 (our dealer matched the dealer's price on here that was for the 5yr/100K). So we get an extra year!!! This is for the 2013 VW...
  4. M

Funny display in MFD

Thank you guys. I've had this issue on my 2010 JSW for the past few weeks and it has been driving me crazy. I was almost ready to haul it into the dealer and let them know there's something up with the computer system :) I'll attempt to turn off the cruise control :) BTW, I thought it had...
  5. M

Top 10 Cool Things you probably don't know about these cars

I like seeing these top 10 (all in one posting). I just got a 2010 jsw tdi, and this is also my first VW, so it's all new to me
  6. M

I put unleaded gasoline in my TDI - now what?

So guys - I paid $410 for the repairs. The dealer matched the other dealer's price. I still think I was ripped off, however.... what they did was drain out the tank, replace the filters and a gasket. yadda yadda yaddda. $410. I did not have them replace the fuel pump, which would have...
  7. M

How-To: Defuel 09 Jetta after misfuel

Quick question - I just got a call from my dealer. He said that VofA recommends that they put in a new fuel pump (at $380). Even though the car was never started after the unleaded gas was pumped into the car (3.22 gallons only), that's what they recommend. Do you guys think I should pass on...
  8. M

OK, question that hopefully you guys can answer (quickly)!!!! The dealership just called me, they are charging $410, which is fine. However, they said that VofA technical support said to replace the fuel pump in addition, which would be another $384. Question - does this need to be done, or...
  9. M

How-To: Defuel 09 Jetta after misfuel

Big question for this topic. I put 3.22 gallons of premuim unleaded into my 2010 JSW TDI today. I realized quite quickly, stopped pumping, didn't start the car and had it towed to a VW dealer. The quote is about $800 to drop the tank, drain it, replace fuel filters. And another $115 for a...
  10. M

I should add that my TDI is a 2010 JSW TDI.
  11. M

Today I pulled into a Shell station with my new TDI. I 'thought' I was paying attention and I pulled up to the pump. Someone else pulled in behind me - so I looked at the pump ahead and thought I saw a green pump, so I pulled ahead. I promptly started to fill my tank and after 3 gallons, I...
  12. M

What's missing in the 2010 JSW TDI

Don, those items look like they are perfect for what we need. Question - are they easy to install?
  13. M

How much did you pay for your 2010 JSW TDI

I would check that out. My dealer here in California took the $500 after tax and everything. I'm interested to see if what they did was wrong
  14. M

What's missing in the 2010 JSW TDI

Where can you buy that storage and what's the cost?