Recent content by merkerguitars

1. M

MN Chat Thread

Its just the lies and getting my butt chewed out all the time. I try my hardest to make sure all the customers leave happy but its just a bunch of empty promises.
  2. M

MN Chat Thread

I've been toying with the idea of quitting my job and fixing cars at home. Opinions?
  3. M

1997 Jetta won't rev past 2500 rpms and low power.

Ill try to make a log today. Car is still on my hoist. Been working on a nightmare 5 cylinder eurovan today. :(
  4. M

Well as of right now I have the intake manifold off and and egr blocked off at manifold. It does throw an intake manifold control pressure difference fault, which is thrown when I try revving it with no intake on.
  5. M

Double checked a few things this morning. Greengeeker told me to check the case pressure relief valve. Yanked it out and the collar slipped out a little bit, not in pieces like some cars. MAP values are within 50mbar when the car is idling. I did make sure it wasn't getting a brake light...
  6. M

No air, ran the car off of a can of diesel purge, same problem.
  7. M

My bad, crazy day today. Injection pump was replaced about 50,000 miles ago. Intake, took it off, made sure the intake port where not plugged etc. Tried starting it without intake Maf/MAP readings key on not running. maf specified 850mg/str actual 847.9 map specified 183.6 actual 958.8...
  8. M

So I'm working on a customers car that totally has me stuff. Its a beater jetta for sure that has been at least properly maintained. It's had a pump done about 50k ago. All vacuum lines have been replaced, N75 good etc. Customer brought it in cause it has no power....can't get it about...
  9. M

MN Chat Thread

Oh you should see the oil cooler job I'm doing on a Mercedes ml350 cdi. Now that is a fun job.
  10. M

MN Chat Thread

Well DWNUNDR's car turned into a project. I pulled it into my bay at the end off the day yesterday. First thing I did was check the tbelt, this is what I found.... Noticed the tensioner tang not in the slot. So I started to tear it down and found the stop for the spring completely busted...
  11. Blown up lifter

Blown up lifter

Customer diagnosis of why car won't start.
  12. Blown up tensioner

Blown up tensioner

13. Failed tensioner other pic

Failed tensioner other pic

14. Failed timing belt tensioner

Failed timing belt tensioner

15. M

MN Chat Thread

I can meet you sometime at my work or you can always drop it off in front of the gate. As long as it rolls it will be fine. I'll treat you right. Worse feeling is when some other shop screws up a members car.