Recent content by merk

1. M

Should I sell my Jetta TDI wagon or refurbish it?

We faced the same question a few months ago.. In this used car market we decided to fix the 03. A combination of DIY and guru repairs added up to 5-6k. Won't get that back, but compared to a 15-20k Tacoma with 160k miles on it as a replacement, it made decent sense to keep the wagon on the road...
  2. M

2000 TDI hard to start & no fuel pump priming sound

I had hard starts on my 03 sedan for a longtime when the tank dropped below half. Took a long time to diagnose, but the intank sending unit had a hairline crack in it, so it sucked air and lost prime. Could not see it until after i replaced the unit. which fixed the problem. Its white plastic...
  3. M

sound deadening

Hey all a few years back my wagon sat for a bit one summer as I drove a university vehicle. During that sit a pack rat got into it behind the engine winshield cowling and made its home there. It brought in a lot of hood insulation and food supplies for winter. When we cleaned it out, all the...
  4. M

Replacement insulation

Thanks so much, Hope you and family are well! Will check it out!
  5. M

Replacement insulation

Rodents forced me to remove almost all the insulation in the engine compartment. Have replaced the hood insulation, but I'm wondering about replacing the insulation that was behind the cowling where the wiper and cabin filter live... Car is loud without that... Is it available as a VW part or do...
  6. M

03 Wagon sound upgrade suggestions

Hey wanting to upgrade my 03 wagon sound system. Looking to modernize (bluetooth, usb ports, etc.... better sound, new speakers and a unit that is a good fit for whats coming out! The stock radio/cassette/CD player. Any suggestions appreciated..
  7. M

dash cup holder install

There is a plastic rail across the front of the top of where the cup holder inserts... Maybe that need to come out?
  8. M

dash cup holder install

This car had the filler plate, so its not really a replacement. Its bottoming out on something which prevents it from moving the last 1/8 inch to lock in. I'll take some photos.
  9. M

dash cup holder install

Hi Got an aftermarket dash cup holder. The metal "lid"seems to have a turned up lip just behind the hinged door preventing it from installing all the way so the side clips will not advance far enough in to seat properly and lock it in. Anyone experience this? Am I missing something? Were there...
  10. M

03 seat replacement

found a pair of beautiful leather seats from an 04... they are heated bt our 03 wagon is not pre-wired, so will hold off on that for now.
  11. M

What to look for buying alh tdi?

Perhaps the often overlooked vacuum lines!
  12. M

Do Jetta Sedan Seats fit in Wagons 03

Thank you I appreciate the knowledge.
  13. M

Thank you... I appreciate the knowledge...
  14. M

Do Jetta Sedan Seats fit in jetta Wagons 03? Looking to upgrade...