1. M

Oil Consumption Poll

None at 80,000 miles
  2. M

Boost Gauge Electrical

Bawlsy TDI, thanks for the help. It should be an easy installation. Steve
  3. M

Boost Gauge Electrical

I'm installing a boost gauge on my 2000 Jetta using an A pillar pod. Where would be the best place to get the electrical source for the gauge light? From the back of the head light switch/dimmer assembly? If so, which wire? I appreciate the help. Steve
  4. M

MAF-Where To Buy

The MAF on my 2000 Jetta is doing the slow dance of death. I want to replace it with another TDI MAF. Any other suggestions on where to get one for a reasonable price. Thanks for your help.
  5. M

New Mityvac looks interesting...

Dieseldorf, I've had one of those one man vacuum brake bleeders you pictured in your post for several years. One of the best tools in my garage. I got mine from a Mac Tool dealer. If you have a compressor, it makes bleeding a easy job. I recently flushed the brake systems on four of my...
  6. M

Who has a Vag-com, scan tool, and where?

I have a Vag-com here in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It is a desk top set up.
  7. M

Who has a Vag-com, scan tool, and where?

I have a Vag-com here in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It is a desk top set up.
  8. M

Injection Pump Bolts-Torque Spec

Thanks for the info. I was a little on the high side. I'll mark down the correct values of 18 ft/lbs or 25 nm.
  9. M

Injection Pump Bolts-Torque Spec

What torque value should be used to tighten the 8mm x 1.25 grade 8.8 non-stretch bolts used on the injection pump pulley? I have the value for the stretch type bolt, but not the non-stretch alternative. I'm guessing about 20 ft/lbs. I'm I close?
  10. M

A4 TB Change in PDF

Dogbreath,thanks for your info. Sorry for the delayed reply. I got hauled out of town on a work emergency. The chili idea sounds good, especially with a Negro Modelo!
  11. M

A4 TB Change in PDF

I seem to recall a thread regarding the A4 timing belt change being available in PDF. I've been searching for it but with no luck. If is exists does anyone know where it is? Thanks
  12. M

Non VW Antifreeze

Thanks for the confiming info. Dex Cool at $7.50 a gallon is a lot better than the dealer at $21.00 a gallon. I am always amazed at how much some dealers don't know about their vehicles. They probably still think that the Earth is flat. I suggested that they log on to this site for some...
  13. M

Non VW Antifreeze

According to the Havoline website,their extended life antifreeze (Dex Cool) meets the VW/Audi G-12 specification. The Bentley service manual just says that the antifreeze must be phosphate free. Does anyone know if using this Havoline antifreeze, or any other equivalent brand, is OK in a 2000...
  14. M

Non VW Antifreeze

According to the Havoline website,their extended life antifreeze (Dex Cool) meets the VW/Audi G-12 specification. The Bentley service manual just says that the antifreeze must be phosphate free. Does anyone know if using this Havoline antifreeze, or any other equivalent brand, is OK in a 2000...
  15. M

Prep for Timing Belt Change

Thanks G Brown and Powder Hound for the great advice. I've got the manual and all the tools except for the cam sprocket puller. I've been trying to avoid spending the money for that thing, but after all the bucks I've spent to get to this point, I might as well go all the way. The job doesn't...