Recent content by meganuke

1. meganuke

Buyer/seller feedback thread

I got the manuals, they were in great shape and have already come in handy. Thanks JDSwan87!
  2. meganuke

Ford Fusion hybrid mileage

I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. I've put about 82K miles on it, and typically get between 37 and 43 MPG. I don't hypermile, but I know how to drive it to get decent mileage. When my wife takes it, I'll see at least a 4 MPG drop for that tank. It took me a few thousand miles (a few tanks) to...
  3. meganuke

Clutch issue? What could it be?

The clutch master will typically leak fluid inside the cabin near the pedals when it fails. If you don't see any fluid, then it sounds like you just have air in the system. You should bleed the brakes and the clutch and make sure you have enough fluid in the reservoir.
  4. meganuke

03 jetta wagon suspension

Front struts are the same.
  5. meganuke

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Nope, that address is about 4 years old. All attempts at updating it have fallen on deaf ears. I am still doing work, by appointment only, and can be reached via PM. The phone number listed is no longer mine.
  6. meganuke

Road Trip Expenses Breakdown - Finally splitting the REAL expenses with passengers

If I had a friend that approached me with this petty argument, I would no longer have a friend. He would be a douche.
  7. meganuke

First Friday for March...

I'm actually free this Friday.
  8. meganuke

Timing belt/pump problems

The basic setting is where the pulley is with the lock installed.
  9. meganuke

Is there a CV Joint replacement "HOW TO?

I've put in fair at least a dozen of the aftermarket axles, and only had one that gave a vibration problem. We warrantied it and put another in and it was fine. I think the passenger side axle is far more prone to this problem.
  10. meganuke

Ontario gets blamed for Toyota's demise

So you're saying the manufacturers need to design the parts to withstand abuse by dumb owners? Mill it out of aluminum, that's bound to be cheaper... If it were poorly designed or the material strength was in question, then it would fail with no outside influence. I've never seen or heard of...
  11. meganuke

Traction Control(ASR) Need a Ginnie pig

Yup, me too. Lane change in the rain under heavy acceleration and the ASR kicks in. My car didn't have EDL.
  12. meganuke

FS: Ross-Tech MicroCAN cable for Mk5 cars

I have an official Ross-Tech MicroCAN cable for all Mk5 cars for sale. It has only been used a handful of times. I upgraded my older cable which makes this one redundant in my toolbox. See this link for more info: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.html It is currently selling for...
  13. meganuke

NE's First First Friday of 2010...

I think I'm in for this and any snowboarding that happens that weekend.
  14. meganuke

The HO5G

Congrats Julie!
  15. meganuke

Which timing belt offers the best value?

What the impeller is made of has nothing to do with how it seals. Every manufacturer can have a bad part. What is more common is a faulty installation or something missed, like a burr, during installation. The metal impeller is much less likely to strip than the plastic one. When that...