Recent content by meerschm

1. meerschm

Opt out of settlement? Better deal?

So it sounds like they bought his truck back and paid the lawyers.
  2. meerschm

Opt out of settlement? Better deal?

Our 2015 MB sprinter is covered by a similar, but different, settlement related to emissions. The law sharks are soliciting owners to opt out of the class action settlement, and offer independent legal action. I remember similar attempts for TDI owners, but do not recall details. Did anyone...
  3. meerschm

Siriusxm Lifetime Lawsuit

Thanks I had a lifetime subscription on my 2009 JSW. when I got the 2017, they would not transfer the subscription, so I let them deactivate it on the car that I ended up letting VW buy back. I never got a card, but filled out the online claim form. had to e-mail them with the radio VIN and...
  4. meerschm

Siriusxm Lifetime Lawsuit

Thanks for the heads up. Who did you call?
  5. meerschm

2015 Sportwagen TDI oil level low message but level is good.

Have you hooked up a VCDS or similar to read the oil level? And where on your dipstick (aka indicator) does the oil come to? These like to be in the middle, not jammed to the high side of full.
  6. meerschm

///// how much gain is there in reducing intake temps ? ////

No, Hotter air, higher temperature; mass flow sensor readings combined with temperature value as input to the computer (I assume your tune includes these parameters as the oem program did) Then the fuel injection duration values and request for turbocharging is adjusted in response to the...
  7. meerschm

Wheels failed Road Force Balance. What to replace them with?

You can find a place that will repair and true the wheels. This can be more cost-effective than new wheels. I have had less than stellar results with aftermarket wheels.
  8. meerschm

condenser blues

You can also feed them(the part numbers) into google, and will be rewarded with pictures and several sources.
  9. meerschm

vw and ford

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2018/11/16/volkswagen-confirms-talk-ford-broader-partnership/2022792002/?fbclid=IwAR3GoxjtfRRcfcQQRMpoozCPd1jrWy1A_4jzYxxXrjzbjgDDWc9Aoawsc5Y
  10. meerschm

Polar FIS PF04, updated hardware

https://mailchi.mp/auto-polar/pf04-polarfis-mk568p-new-hardware-revision-1793369?e=0f68bb5f50 looks like this will be the solution for MQB cars. (including the MK VII)
  11. meerschm

polar fis PF04

just got an e-mail that the polar fis folks are updating hardware, and this will be the base for the MQB platform. so folks that have saved a PF03 to use on the new cars should reconsider. quote follows: PolarFIS MK5/6/8P (new hardware revision)We are happy to announce a new hardware revision...
  12. meerschm

post fix 2009 Jetta wagon fs

SOLD (back to VW)
  13. meerschm

FS: parts, tools, book..2009 MK V

FS: parts, tools, book. wheels and tires .2009 MK V All this stuff is headed to the dump
  14. meerschm

2017 Golf SportWagen S 1.8L TSI CXBB

I purchased this car as a replacement for my 09 TDI wagen. now learning anew what this is all about. the wagen is familiar, with an update, and 4mo to learn about found an earlier SSP, for an 888 gen 3, but not specific to the CXBB would be interested if someone has an Self study guide...
  15. meerschm

FS: Polar FIS+ PF03

Sold Polar FIS sold