Recent content by mecne

1. mecne

Gen 1 TDI Fix

Was looking at getting a Scan gauge , drives me a little crazy there is no Engine Temp gauge . That and there is no 4th digit on the Trip meters. Distance to Empty - 220km .. *** I just filled it up.. HA
  2. mecne

Gen 1 TDI Fix

Wife picked up our new to us 2015 Jetta TDI a week ago, thats been "fixed" , so just trying to catch up on everything that is new. Have had plenty of MK4 TDI's , and currently driving the 2006 TDI BRM (thats for sale). How do I know if it's doing a regen? M
  3. mecne

06 TDI BRM tools

Hey everyone , been awhile since I've posted (beenskulking in the shadows thou) Our 2k Golf died in the spring , the Audi has been fun to drive for the summer but need the fuel mileage again. Picked up a 06 TDI BRM for cheap, needs a cam kit and TB. Does someone have TB , and cam tools that I...
  4. mecne

Heads-Up - Compression Tester at Princess Auto

Snap-Off - Grrreat nickname for Harbor Freight. HF is my first stop when I cross the border usually :D . Here is the link if anyone is interested for the above. http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Diagnostic/Diesel-Compression-Tester/8534315.p
  5. mecne

how loud is a mufflerless exhaust?

Baha, Guilty of not reading the complete first post. Sorry.
  6. mecne

Ontario Karma thread

Need some Karma :) Anyone located in Toronto and to the East have a MetalNerd " Universal Sprocket Buster (TM) Counterhold Tool " that I might be able borrow for a week or so? Mike
  7. mecne

I am Kerma tuned ( Stage 2 eqiv) with nozzles, race pipe and SB Stage 2 clutch with stock turbo and haven't had any problems. I try not to over boost thou :( (too much :cool: ) . M
  8. mecne

I have 2.5 inch from the CAT back no muffler, drive 202 km 95% highway 401 daily . I don't have any drone what so ever . My tail pipe goes straight out , and flares to 3 . something inches . Been driving as a daily driver for over 2 years with no complaints M
  9. mecne

East GTA Diesel Deal - Shell

I stop at the Speedway station every time I go by Marysville Road on the 401. They have good turn over and full serve which know how to vent our cars. Many stations further down , but most have above ground tanks. *sgudder * Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  10. mecne

Mk4 Wheel Spacers

Sorry for my late reply on this , I just put my summer tires on the other night. Here are some pics. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. mecne

Another FCM failure thread

Have some Fan / AC issues with my Jetta and Golf . Nothing better than spending a few hours in the garage a few nights in a row .. my wife might not think the same. Pretty sure I've narrowed the issues to the FCM on both cars but could use other eyes / opinions on it. Golf Wife's car...
  12. mecne

Mk4 Wheel Spacers

I'm running ESC 15mm on the rear , nothing up front .. gives the rear a nice look . http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--TDI/Search/SiteSearch/Spacer/ES2680971/ And yes you need longer wheel bolts .. Pick up a kit that way you get the proper length for the space Mike
  13. mecne

FS : Jetta MKIV ST Suspension Coil Overs

Sold - thread can be deleted
  14. mecne

FS : Jetta MKIV ST Suspension Coil Overs

For Sale - $350 or make me an offer ST Performance Coilovers Approx 1.5 years old. Rear shocks have never been used. Same as these on ESC's website http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--TDI/Suspension/Coilovers/ST/ES2130043/ List Price $807.49 Bought my Jetta with them already...
  15. mecne

FS: A lot of goodies

I'm going up Friday after a few days in Niagara Falls if you want me to pick them up for you Nigel, and can drop them off at your place on my way through Friday night or next week anytime through the work day Mike