Recent content by mechano

1. M

65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error, SOLVED

Hi all, I had the "65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error" on my 1.9 AFN engine. I checked the hose inside the ECU and it seemed OK, vacuumed it slightly, it didn't leak. But last week I noticed erratic barometer readings on Vag-Com, like 693mBar a second later smt. like 1053 mBar. So I...
  2. M

Hard to start when hot issue.....

I have the same hot start problem with 99 AFN code engine. I see from vag-com that when engine exceeds 250 rpm, it start immediatly. It starts easly even below 250rpm when it is cold, I guess the fuel map posted here proves it. What is the easiest way to alter this map? I miss the tuning...
  3. M

Tachometers for conversions

Hi, I converted my T3 syncro (vanagon) to TDI (AFN code engine). I tried to use the tacho output of the TDI ecu (pin 2/68), but factory tachometer of the T3 (gas engine) did not work. :confused: I took the tacho out and examined, yes there are resistors (a voltage divider) on input signal...
  4. M

using 0.210 nozzles instead of stock 0.205

Hello, I will replace the nozzles on my 1.9 AFN engine, after searching the internet, found that my engine has 0 433 175 093 nozzles with 0.205 orifices. Also some said using the next bigger 0 433 175 087 nozzles with 0.210 orifices will slightly give more power. I asked local bosch service...
  5. M

68 pin or 80 pin ecu, which one to choose for conversion

Hello I am planning to convert my T3 (vanagon) syncro to 1.9 TDI. I have two options to buy from the local junk yard: a) 1998 Audi A4 Avant with AFN engine b) 1996 Ford Galaxy (VW sharan like) VW AFN engine both cars are complete (altough crashed) From wiring diagrams I found that A4 has an...
  6. M

Which AFN engine to use? T3 syncro conversion

Hello I am planning to convert my T3 (vanagon) syncro to 1.9 TDI. I have two options to buy from the local junk yard: a) 1998 Audi A4 Avant with AFN engine b) 1996 Ford Galaxy (VW sharan like) VW AFN engine both cars are complete (altough crashed) From wiring diagrams I found that A4 has...