Recent content by mdailyups

1. M

Jump timing

I was exiting off the interstate to get fuel and the car went dead.My first thougth was I ran out of fuel,but upon futher investigation we found the the timing belt was not turning when I tried to crank the car.I was doing about 35mph could the piston have bent the valves.
  2. M

Jump timing

my car jumped timing at 104000 miles is it possible that the pistons bent the rods please help.
  3. M

Out of fuel

I ran out of fuel on Thanksgiving Eve an know my car wan't start please help.
  4. M

Low Power

I recently Disconnected my MAF because I was having the same lack of power problem and when i did my power returned.This tells me thatmy MAF is bad however the dealer wants to charge me $300 bucks for a new one is there some place else I could purchase one for.Where is the EGR valve and...
  5. M

Multiple fried MAFs? check this

Hey Wolfsburg,I have the same problem that you had with lack of power I disconnected the MAF and power came back .My question to you is will I damage my engine if disconnect my MAF until I can afford to repalce it. P.S. I own a Maroon 99 Jetta A4 TDI
  6. M

Lack of power

I have a 99 jetta tdi and have not had any other problems.I've changed the fuel pump but but i still have no power.
  7. M

Lack of power

I, took my carinto the dealer so they could replace the plastic wheel that cable runs through for the windows.So I decide to let the put my car on the machine because it would not accelerate above 70 mph.they gave me the following codes (P0380 & P1163)stating that one was a bad glow plug but...