Recent content by mcsenerd

1. M

Torque PID`s on Android devices

Sorry to be a thread necromancer here, but does anyone have an active link to this .csv file mentioned in this thread?
  2. M

So far I’m sold on the BG 245 treatment

I hear you there! All I can tell you is that for this car, while it is most definitely bone stock, driving it home after buying it, I noticed that it absolutely struggled to accelerate over 70MPH. It almost felt like I could get out and push it faster…but now, while it’s no “tuned” TDI, it has...
  3. M

So far I’m sold on the BG 245 treatment

I’m usually not a big proponent of fuel additives in general, but seeing as how I have limited information on the used 2002 New Beetle TDI that I recently purchased and the fact that it was exhibiting some questionable performance characteristics especially while in 4th and 5th, I thought I’d...
  4. M

Yet another overboost thread - 2002 New Beetle TDI

Hi there! I’m just a nerd and not a super mechanic, but I’ve been perusing the threads here about this issue that I’ve noted on my recently acquired NB. I first noticed after buying the car and driving it home on the four trip on the interstate that it seemed to lack any power after getting up...
  5. M

Can't Believe I'm Back...but here I be! LOL

It was time for my oldest daughter's first ride, and she was dead-set on a New Beetle. I found a Cyber Green TDI down in Spring, TX that was in great shape and had low mileage for its age (2002 MT). It still needs a few odds and ends and like most 20 year old vehicles, it's not perfect, but...
  6. M

FS: Genuine Ross-Tech HEX+CAN USB Interface

For sale direct at Ross-Tech for $349... I'll part with mine for $299 w/free shipping, so you save $50. This is the most reliable and compatible interface they sell and automatically activates the totally awesome VAG-COM software that they distribute. The cable is in absolutely PRISTINE...
  7. M

Pano Sunshade/Roof Blind issue

Hold the presses (maybe that's apropos here!)!! I just messed around with it again and I think I got it working. I let the shade go into the position that it "thought" was fully closed then I held both the open and the close buttons in for around 10 seconds. The shade then fully closed and...
  8. M

Thanks guys. I had seen that post when searching around before I posted, but unfortunately it didn't seem to reset the sunscreen position. I guess it's a trip to the stealership for me :(
  9. M

Last night I attempted to open the sunshade on my car, but it only opened about 10 to 15% and then stopped. "That's not cool!", I thought, so then I tried to shut it. Well...it extends all the way to shut and then retracts to the position that it stuck at before! Eventually I get it to...
  10. M

Gentex replacement rearview mirror

I'm pretty sure that the light sensor is in the front of the mirror, so rear window tinting won't affect its function. That being said though...if the rear is tinted heavily...doesn't that negate the need for a self dimming mirror somewhat?
  11. M

2011 TDI DSG Mileage

I'm right there with ya... I just clicked over 3000 and even on all highway trips...I can't break 40MPG to save my life. I'm not thinking it's coming any time soon either.
  12. M

Consumer action on DSG mileage

That's one of the things I've been thinking about. Isn't the Hill Hold defeatable via VCDS in the ABS module. Perhaps I could disable it and see if things improve any... Has anyone disabled it in their vehicle before?
  13. M

Been "in the business"? Don't know what you're after there...but check the join date dude...I have been around a while, but I never said I do anything "for a living" with cars, diesels, engines, trannys, repair or anything close. I'm a 100% computer nerd and nothing more... And...
  14. M

I hear all the self-righteous smack from some about driver habits, conditions, lead-foot syndrome, how-to-drive-properly and the rest of the crap here...but let me tell you...this ain't my first rodeo with diesels or with VW diesels for that matter and I'd never seen this type of poor FE outta...
  15. M

My last tank zoomed by for a whoppin' 26.4 MPG on 316 Miles 50/50 Hwy/City. I have a pregnant wife, two young kids, and I don't drive like a maniac. Hmmm...maybe I should do some investigation because judging by you guys...I'm getting bottom of the barrel mileage.