Recent content by mcolmsted

1. M

In desperate need of help in Columbus, OH

Thanks again to MOGolf for his great help!! It's amazing (and frustrating) that something as simple as the battery had us completely stranded because we had no good way to diagnose it. Makes me think I need to get a VAG-COM ;) . But then I wouldn't get to watch the generosity of club members...
  2. M

I certainly wasn't expecting to run into any TDIers in Columbus (although I had tried to convince the hubby that I could run down to TDIFest while he was playing base ball), but boy am I ever glad I did! MOGolf saved the day (and our weekend, and probably a good part of our week) with his...
  3. M

We did indeed, thanks to MOGolf and his TDI magic! Seriously, he is one incredible guy--not only did he drive over very early in the morning to take a look at our car, but he diagnosed it, went with Mark to get a battery, installed said battery, and then called to make sure we got home okay...
  4. M

Thanks to MOGolf and a new battery, the car is up and running! We'll be heading home today. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions!! :D
  5. M

Thanks to MOGolf and a new battery, the car is up and running! We'll be heading home today. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions!! :D
  6. M

Thanks to MOGolf, the car is up and running with a new battery. We are very grateful!!
  7. M

Thanks, Mark! MOGolf is here this morning and his initial assessment is the battery as well. They're headed out to get a battery and hopefully that will get us back on the road! :)
  8. M

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately or fortunately, that doesn't sound like the problem. The car won't start at all--it actually doesn't do anything. When the key is in the off position, the clock and odometer are on. As soon as you turn the key, everything turns off and the engine does nothing...
  9. M

It actually doesn't do anything. When the key is in the off position, the clock and odometer are on. As soon as you turn the key, everything turns off and the engine does nothing. When the car was hooked up to another battery (jumping it), when you turn the key the dash lights (CEL, etc.) do...
  10. M

At the recommendation of someone on the mid-west forum, I'm posting here. Anyone coming back through who can help??? ------------ We were up this weekend for a vintage base ball festival and are supposed to be leaving tomorrow. However, as we were attempting to leave the festival today, our 03...
  11. M

We were up this weekend for a vintage base ball festival and are supposed to be leaving tomorrow. However, as we were attempting to leave the festival today, our 03 VW Jetta wagon refused to start. It won't turn over, etc. We know there is an error code being thrown of P0228. According to...
  12. M

Thanks for the info (and offer for help! :) ). I'll post on the fest forum and the main forum. Courtney
  13. M

We were up this weekend for a vintage base ball festival and are supposed to be leaving tomorrow. However, as we were attempting to leave the festival today, our 03 VW Jetta wagon refused to start. It won't turn over, etc. We know there is an error code being thrown of P0228. According to...
  14. M

Old Navy's Fall '06 GTG

23 - mcolmsted - Courtney Olmsted - St Louis, MO 26 - mcolmsted hubby - Mark Olmsted - St Louis, MO
  15. M

Old Navy's Fall '06 GTG

We made it back Sat night and it was still daylight! :D Thanks to Walt and Linda for hosting! The food was great, as was the company. Hopefully we'll be able to make it to the next one as well. Special thanks to MOGolf for his incredible TB change on our car. He even put up with my "help"...