Recent content by mbraden

1. M

40k Service - on the road, or delay until home?

Home now. Based on recommendations I waited . . . checked oil and it was not a smidge low, but I couldn't tell if viscosity was impacted . . . have email out to trusted TDI mechanic to inquire about appointment . . . Thanks all . . . 4,200 mile trip, averaging about 45.6 mpg - included some city...
  2. M

40k Service - on the road, or delay until home?

2010 JSW TDI - I'm about 2k mi from home, and passed the 40k mi odo mark. Is it OK to wait until I get back, or should I have the service done asap?
  3. M

Help ! Injector Pump Seal Leaks

Update, I did the glow plug resistance check and found one that was over recommended spec and two that are borderline. I had a glow plug that I pulled some time ago, thinking that it was bad, but put it back in and tested and it was fine, so I erased the codes and am waiting to see . . ...
  4. M

Ray, The mechanic put in a new injection pump . . . didn't want to attempt a seal replacement as he had never done one and had heard horror stories about doing it. I have, since the post above, been to the glow plug code/harness topics and will perform glow plug checks and oxidation cleaning...
  5. M

Hi, I had visited here some months ago due to a leaky injection pump, purchased the recommended seal kits, but chickened out and had a mechanic do the installation of the new injection pump on my '03 Jetta TDI. All was well on a 2,500 mile trip after the install but sometime after I returned I...
  6. M

trouble code: P0252 what is it

I have the P0252 code and recently had my Injector Pump replaced. I just got back from a 2,500 mile trip after the Injector Pump was replaced . . . Any thoughts. The car runs great and I actually got 49+ mpg on this trip. Better than before the IP replacement.
  7. M

Release date of new Jetta SportWagen TDI?

I got a call from a local SF Bay VW dealer a few days ago, whom I had been on a list for a JSW, although I did not order one -- Just told them to call me if they got a manual in. The guy told me that they were stopping production of the '09, that the '10 model would be an entirely different body...
  8. M

2009 Tdi

Has anybody had experience pre-purchasing a vehicle in Europe and then shipping it back to the US? Would this be feasible for the Jetta TDI? I know these are being produced in Mexico for the US Market, but is that true for Eurpoe as well? My wife keeps telling me to research pre-purchase in...
  9. M

Release date of new Jetta SportWagen TDI?

The yellow car on the left kinda looks like a Mustang Convertible to me . . .
  10. M

03 Jetta TDI GLS - Asking $14k

03 Jetta TDI GLS - $13k PRICE REDUCED Here's my ad on SF Bay Area Craig's List . . . CL and here are the only places advertised so far . . . would love to sell to an enthusiast . . . Grey exterior, Black interior Just reached 100k miles Diesel - Original owner, purchased October ‘03 for 90...