Recent content by MAW

1. MAW

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

When I got rid of my 09 Sportwagen I already had to clean the exhaust flap and just started to hear about the HPFP failures. After having a 01M grenade on me, I knew VW's quality history and lack of support for their customers and decided to cut my losses and move on. I will never own another VW.
  2. MAW

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

You are right on the money with that statement. Too many years of the customers being the guinea pig for VW's engineers.
  3. MAW

2009 Check Engine Light - P048C

Don't remember the exact number if the code, but it said exhaust flap error. We used the solvent in the tank. If I did it at home I would use Kroil. I think it could be done without a lift.
  4. MAW

2009 Check Engine Light - P048C

Repaired valve I had the check engine light come on and go off 3 weeks ago. Had a mechanic I know scan it for me. Called VW and of course this is not covered. Light came on and off for two weeks. This week it stayed on. Took it to the mechanic, and we pulled it off. It was as stiff as a...
  5. MAW

Rockford, IL

Welcome to the Rockford area. Nice Jetta.
  6. MAW

Milwaukee, WI GTG, Saturday, May 22nd @ West Allis Auto Club

TDI Club has a lot of helpfull people on it;)
  7. MAW

Thanks Jason, but I will have to wait till next time:p
  8. MAW

Crap, I will be on vacation in Colorado that weekend. I wanted to chip my 09:(
  9. MAW

New 1 Micron 100% Sythetic Microglass Fuel Filter

Yes, thank you Oldpoopie.
  10. MAW

2009 Cold Start Scare/Problem?

No I didn't replacethe MAF @ 47k. Mileage is about the same, 44-46 mpg. I have noticed that the car doesn't seem to coast as good as before, I may have a brake dragging.
  11. MAW

2009 Cold Start Scare/Problem?

I just did my 60k service, and decided to pull the lower intercooler hose. I found the same colored oily goo as you. Had about three tablespoons full of $hit. I know there is more of his oily crap in the intercooler. Maybe I will pull it off this summer. For a history of the car, I had a no...
  12. MAW

Transmission repair shop?

If you need someone to work on automatics, I know a guy, he's located in Rockford.
  13. MAW

New 1 Micron 100% Sythetic Microglass Fuel Filter

That's great. I will be ordering one as soon as they are available. Make it red also:D