Recent content by mauitdi

1. M

Comfort Control Module replace

Detached CCM completely and 2 of the 4 windows work from their own switches. All Driver side switches dead as expected. So it looks like it is a short, not the CCM at all! DOH!
  2. M

Nothing worse than a DRTTATO code.
  3. M

The original "worked" but not well. Interior lights randomly flashing like a disco and trunk popping open while driving along, etc. Still worth "copying?
  4. M

Ok, clear. What tool do I need to find? The VCDS? Does it have to be a VW specific one? Thnaks for the tips so far, I have withheld the install until I can do it right.
  5. M

I just uninstalled old one and installed new one, but since the item code was different I had low hopes. Now I have the "new" one with exact match. I have NOT yet installed due to I imagine there is a procedure, but I have no idea what it is. To answer your question, NO, I have not recoded...
  6. M

Got a Ccm for a 2006 "Jetta" on Ebay. Model number was not the same as mine ending in "CD". Suddenly my windows worked with new module, for the first day. Then back to non functioning. Module clicks randomly with key OUT of the ignition drawing power. I ordered another CCM with the correct...
  7. M

Shifter dead, what next?

Clutch died 30 days later. Car sold with cheers for $1500, towed away by a Geo Metro. That was a sight!
  8. M

Shifter dead, what next?

Bushing joint at bottom of shifter completely gone, cable fell off. Did a serious hack cutting a 7 x 10cm hole through the side of the housing casting to access and fix with quarter with a hole drilled in it and got the clip back on. Works perfect.
  9. M

Shifter dead, what next?

Ok, will check this, thanks.
  10. M

Shifter dead, what next?

Sorry, just made them unlisted, but not private, try again if your willing.
  11. M

Shifter dead, what next?

What broke? Following video is the action of the shifter. It has zero resistance forward and back motion. At the end I try to get it to reverse, or anything, but feels dead. http://youtu.be/qccMkl5RsvY This is how I can get it into 1st gear from under the hood. Once inside the car I can get it...
  12. M

Complete shifter disconnect?

This is situation This is the action of the shifter. It has zero resistance forward and back motion. At the end I try to get it to reverse, or anything, but feels dead. http://youtu.be/qccMkl5RsvY This is how I can get it into 1st gear from under the hood. Once inside the car I can get it into...
  13. M

Complete shifter disconnect?

Driving uphill and seemed to miss 5th gear. Engine over revved, and then seemed to go into 5th. After that, the shifter went all loose and dead. Feels like it is completely disconnected from the shifting cables. Clutch seems fine, car is stuck in 5th. Took console out but do not know what I am...
  14. M

Advice needed for A/C repair options

So where was the leak in the end? What did the $750 cover?
  15. M

Need for 2006 Jetta TDI

Driver's side interior front door panel in tan color. Comfort Control module