Recent content by Mark of Diesel

1. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 14, 2023

BTW, many thanks to Kirk and Linda for doing this again and keeping up a Michigan tradition.
  2. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 14, 2023

Ooooh boy! Sign me up, I'll be there, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. It'll be good to see the TDI faithful again.
  3. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

Geeze! wouldja look at some of these "joined" dates... it's making me feel vintage...
  4. M

So far, I'm just fine the way I am, Marty but that's subject to change :eek: AFAIK, my '98 does become an antique or at least a "classic" in '23 so yes, I'll have all the time but it's still hard to get my butt off the couch. Maybe after I get used to this leisure thing. BTW John, good thoughts...
  5. M

Yuuuup! No plow truck driving for me this Winter...
  6. M

Original owner 06 Jetta TDI, Please post Your Original owner TDI story

Bought my '06 new also and I feel these PDs were at best a stopgap for VW. The wonks at VW knew the emissions regs were going to be tightening and they didn't have the tech ready yet but they also knew the popularity was on the rise so hey, anything for a sale (including cheating). Who knew...
  7. M

Done and done... I'll have all the time in the world.
  8. M

Zzzzzz... Huh? what? a GTG at Kirk's? Love to! I may even be a man of leisure by then, let's make it happen Cap'n!
  9. M

Glad to hear some life remaining here. Sorry to see you, or actually your A4, go John and I'd certainly enjoy some story time in a local establishment whenever you can make it up here. Stay warm guys! Hope to see ya next year.
  10. M

VagCom Ann Arbor area

Hiya John! A lot of the time the airbag connections under the passenger seat get nasty and trigger the light. I'm assuming this is in your A4 and my experience is more with my A5 but I'm willing to bet they are similar with similar problems. I had to remove the front passenger seat to get at the...
  11. M

I'm 99% sure there will be someone there that can help in checking your timing via VCDS. I'd volunteer but I'm not sure I'll have a laptop by then. Just in case you don't know, the timing may not be the whole story on your smoking with many other contributing factors to be considered too. At the...
  12. M

OK now I see I've got to up my game in the cigar department... off to Nolan's :D
  13. M

I love the smell of Diesel and cigars in the morning... I'll be bringing some too.
  14. M

Hmmm... a little earlier this year eh? Less chance for sn** I guess. AFAIK, we'll be there, looking forward to it! Thanks Kirk!
  15. M

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

As far as I'm concerned, the focal point of these GTGs has always been the people regardless of their fuel type used to get there. :p If VW in their infinite wisdom had offered the U.S. a TDI Tiggy, I would've been right at the front of the line to get one but alas, it is not to be and I wanted...