Recent content by marcusTDI

1. M

For Sale: 2006 Jetta TDI San Diego....WOW

SOLD via CraigsList.... Thanks, Craig.
  2. M

Bump...REDUCED to $14,900 STOCK SPRINGS are included in sale (just in case you don't like the sport springs)
  3. M

Correction made: car has had 1000s of dollars of VW upgrades....not thousands of VW upgrades :-)
  4. M

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1726849195.html This car has had thousands of $$ of VW upgrades plus 22mm HR rear sway and new Eibach springs and struts (car is 1.3" lower than stock) 17" VW alloys with 225/45/17 Continentals all around, free extra tires.....it's killer. 66,000 miles...
  5. M

How was your California SMOG test?

I got my renewal a few weeks ago and it's due by May 2nd. Not only did the renewal fees go up a LOT, (from $200 to $272...normally it would go down a bit every year but Arnold needs the money)....I do need a smog test. I thought it was a mistake and that they didn't know I have a diesel....but...
  6. M

06 Jetta TDI San Diego TONS of UPGRADES

TDI manual transmission, silver with gray leatherette interior. Heated seats, satellite radio (requires activation...currently I don't use it) Upgrades include: VW aerodynamic kit front/sides/rear, 17" VW alloy wheels with 225/45/17s, VW rear spoiler, VW special tail-lights, blue glass...
  7. M

Removing the non-fog lower grilles...Jetta V

Thanks for the detailed response. I went back and just yanked them and indeed I broke several of the upper tabs that snap the grille into the bumper. As it turns out they are probably not that important........I re-installed the grill just to check and it fits in beautifully....so not a...
  8. M

Removing the non-fog lower grilles...Jetta V

So I'm doing the fog-light retro-fit and it looks like I just have the one screw to remove and the grilles pop out...but they're not popping out and I feel like I might break something if I pull any harder. They seem to be attached at the top where the chrome strip is located. What am I doing...
  9. M

Fog light wiring question ...... MK5 A5 Jetta

Thanks a million for the link to ecs......that's exactly what I need! I didn't notice the "wiring" tab on their web site and therefore didn't see that they sell the harness alone. I hear you about the $27 thing but I will ask you: what do you think VW pays for a pair of these lights at the...
  10. M

Fog light wiring question ...... MK5 A5 Jetta

I've spent a great amount of time in the last couple of days looking through the threads here and vwvortex on the fog light wiring issue. I just wanted to double check that my info is correct. First, here's what I've collected for the fog light project (and keep in mind I don't want this...
  11. M

What did you do to your car today?

Why do you need a "fuel cooler"? I will Google it as well. Today I ordered the grilles, light assemblies, and inside headlight switch (with fog position) to give my baby fog lights.
  12. M

Is there a better alternative to Monster Mats?

Awesome follow up F250....thank you. I actually figured I would leave the monster mats in the rear since they are in perfect condition. It's only the driver's side that is destroyed by my shoe heels. It makes sense that the manual is the same......
  13. M

The "floor liners" are only avail with auto trans.....bummer.
  14. M

Wow...they offer a 10 year warranty and sell the front set for $55....pretty impressive!