Recent content by Marc Bourget

1. M

Updated: Fuel Level Sending unit repair/replace 2002 ALH NB

If the Thermostatic Tee was leaking, wouldn't that relieve the vacuum created when I draw fuel from the tank? By inspection of the fuel filler opening, the breather valve has a lever that's moved when you replace the fuel cap. I'm going to repeat the priming operation tomorrow with the...
  2. M

Updated: Fuel Level Sending unit repair/replace 2002 ALH NB

Problem priming Injection Pump. Not trying to hijack the thread but I haven't figured on how to start a new thread and I have a related problem. Started with contaminated fuel. Replaced pickup. Eventually replaced engine. New engine will run using a fuel can. When placing a vacuum on the...
  3. M

Douglas, Just saw this. I've been distracted. My Honda was stolen and the insurance company...

Douglas, Just saw this. I've been distracted. My Honda was stolen and the insurance company is treating my like it was fraud. Even after I provided survielance video! Replacement connector plug arrives today!
  4. M

2001 VW jetta 1.9 tdi fuse box on battery

I'll check the two I have for the part no. Could you PM me a photo of the "remains" it may help!
  5. M

2001 VW jetta 1.9 tdi fuse box on battery

Do you have the early or late version? I picked up two "extras" from a pick 'n pull when I was grabbing an engine. Maybe PM me?
  6. M

Replacement engine has a different electronic connector for injector #3 than the original engine...

Replacement engine has a different electronic connector for injector #3 than the original engine - which was a D shape. The replacement is a square connector. Thinking of swapping the #3 injector, but this engine hasn't run well since I got a load of bad fuel. Can you comment on the injector...
  7. M

ALH turbo solenoid valve?

I need to go look at what you describe. In the meantime, what about a catch can with a drain to limit the amount introduced to the intake tract?
  8. M

Burpod Tuning

I have an analog 500HP Go Power Dyno. It's not set up yet, but what kind of data logging would you need?
  9. M

///// Bell Mouth adapter to help increase airflow to the intercooler ? /////

Heat exchangers work on pressure differential. The equivalent of a velocity stack is the opposite approach. You want a diffuser to recover pressure. That said, I have a spare intercooler for my MK4-ALH in the garage and I suspect it was oversized to compensate for the "less than optimum"...
  10. M

Walnut blasting intake port adapter for 1.9 TDI engines?

EGR Cooler? I'll go back and look but I remember the connection from exhaust manifold to intake tract to be an (approx) 3/4" CRS flexible tube. Do some ALH's have a different setup?
  11. M

I want better seats

I found a 2003 Jetta Sedan with Leather Seats. Sure the front seats will work, but will the rear leather seats work - if I transfer the "wagon' rear seat backing to the sedan cushions?
  12. M

Junkyard ALH vs teardown and rebuild

Grace and politeness are inversely proportional to frustration and stress !!! :):devilish::) Problem is, with some people the bad stuff is sui generis
  13. M

Limp Mode Tragic Story

Best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!
  14. M

ALH turbo solenoid valve?

What's your interval? With oil changes, or? Does this pooled oil contribute to coking the intake? And, is this pooled diesel or oil from the Turbo or valve stems?
  15. M

Walnut blasting intake port adapter for 1.9 TDI engines?

I've been thinking of the causation. As I understand, the EGR is the base cause. Well, what about cooling the temp of the recycled exhaust gasses prior to reintroduction into the intake system. The principle behind egr is to reduce combustion temps by reducing oxygen. If the exhaust...