Recent content by Marc Bourget

1. M

What's left? I'm in Stockton, CA and will drive over on the weekend. Interested in injection...

What's left? I'm in Stockton, CA and will drive over on the weekend. Interested in injection pump and axle drive boots.
  2. M

Clutch Judder K7003801

Not mentioned but I'm assuming you're practicing a "dead throttle start" Leave foot off throttle and careful with letting out the clutch. Minimizes if not eliminates the shudder. If I try to drive it like a gas engine, shudder gets worse.
  3. M

Parts still available? Have an address so I can inspect? Marc Bourget 209-942-2002

Parts still available? Have an address so I can inspect? Marc Bourget 209-942-2002
  4. M

Guage Cluster dies above 1000 RPM

Installed Rebuilt Alternator and the cluster stays alive. The explanation that the cluster has overvoltage protection appears confirmed. Alt charging rate on first start up is 14.4V. I thought 13.6 to 13.9 was the acceptable range. Comments on the voltage level will be appreciated.
  5. M

Advice please: no-fault accident fiasco

SoCal? Take them to Small Claims. An adjuster for their insurance (if not permissibly self-insured) may show up but CANNOT make statements, offer testimony, etc. Get two estimates for the full repair. Seek loss of use and greater expense if the temp vehicle costs more than yours to...
  6. M

03 TDI Brakes - one being obstin8

Can the difficulty be "above" the caliper?
  7. M

Anticipating the arrival of my Alternator, (which spent the first 5 days going from IN to NY to MA then to two or three places in CT, I began disassembly today. One thing I found was wet oil inside the fresh air intake. Is this normal, if not what do I look for? Second, there is a "ball" on...
  8. M

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

I have an explanation, but not a solution at this time. Tracking my alternator from fcp euro has been interesting. Ordered about beginning of Feb and when I did a track to see ETA, I got a message from FedEX that it was delivered on January 12th !!!! I've checked every so often and notice...
  9. M

I tested the alternator ground as described on another forum. Checked battery, pole to pole, then alternator to neg pole. Delta Voltage was 0.04. Verified with two DVOMs. The gauge cluster dying above 1000 RPM remains a mystery. (note, Alt output doesn't drop above 1000 RPM)
  10. M

Would you recommend ICparts over AutohausAZ? Both advertise rebuild Bosch with pulley but a substantial price difference.
  11. M

Actually, when I revved it up, the voltage stayed around 16.1. It didn't "jump" when it passed 1000. OTOH, the current should increase, does that fit a scenario? Thanks
  12. M

Tdijarhead, Thanks, do you have an explanation or theory for the gage cluster dying above 1000 RPM? Also, I verified good ground for the charging system.
  13. M

OK, rains stopped and I checked Voltage after ensuring Batt was up to 12.6V. Started engine and voltage at batt and from Alt lug to battery neg, was 15.7 to 18.1, so I know I have a Regulator Issue. Repeated the voltage test after running the RPM up to 1400, no change in charging voltage...
  14. M

But what explains the consistent loss of the Instrument Cluster at 1000 RPM. There very little increase in the voltage driving the tach and speedo? It's not like it got hot and resistance increased ????
  15. M

Thanks, I was beginning to think nobody liked me! ;) The car is really new to me, where would I find the ground stud under the dash? I should be able to find the one behind the drivers kick panel. When I checked this AM, the battery was down to about 10.4 V, so I'll be checking the...