Recent content by Maguyvah

1. Maguyvah

1999 VW POLO ESTATE VARIANT

The time has for me to sell my 1999 Polo wagon. My wife and I retired 2 years ago, sold our last shop, and since selling one of our rental properties in Bedford NH, I no longer have storage for her inside without leaving my wifes car outside, so it's time. I acquired the car from the DOD in...
  2. Maguyvah

N1DAS - the end of weapons grade torque

So sad to hear iof Daves passing, He would stop in the shop on occasion to visit and such, turly a wealth of information and a joy to talk with. Mr. Chill, thanks for letting us know about this.
  3. Maguyvah

High mileage CR - post it up!

2012 Golf TDI 4d DSG I'm at 156k, no issues other than the dieselgate recall, (Turbo, DPF, etc).
  4. Maguyvah

Comment by 'Maguyvah' in album 'Vw marine'

Nice! 2.5L ?
  5. Maguyvah

1999 Jetta Jumping Time

I have seen this several times and I agree with Jimbote. The crank sprocket has a D shaped female openingin it to accept the same D shaped crankshaft end on the front of the engine. The drive (bottom) sprocket is made of sintered metal and is by design softer thean the crank so that if someone...
  6. Maguyvah

Has anyone had a successful rust claim?

Rust Claim Greetings, I had a rust issue on my 2004 Passat wagon on the left front fender. VW put a new fender & painted the whole nose of the car in July of 2014 with 252,000 miles on the car without any difficulty. The car was clean & had NO accident or damage and that is why they stepped...
  7. Maguyvah

No Start Gasser!

Greetings all, I have a 2008 4R32 in the shop that is exhibiting a no start that mimics an immobilizer issue in that it starts & stalls out after a second or so. The gear indicator (DSG) flashes at the same rate as the red brake lamp in the instrument cluster, the brake lamps are on constantly...
  8. Maguyvah

98 Jetta TDI for sale

My wife's 98 silver arrow is for sale as I have gotten her a 2010 Sportwagen tdi. The car has been profesionally maintained always. It is modified as follows: RC3, PP520, Corrado VR6 clutch. Accessories include ventshades, pillar pod with EGT & Boost gages, Sony am/fm/cd player, 17" HD wheels...
  9. Maguyvah

tpms for winter tires neceesary?

Tpms In an ongoing effort to protect us from ourselves, the US DOT has required TPMS systems beginning with model year 2006 on all MV's under 10000 pounds GVW. The phase in was implemented in steps, 50% of 06 MY, 75%in 07 and 100% in 08. As an Inspector of MV's If your car is equipped with them...