Recent content by magdoll

1. M

Looking to list, but I have no idea what to set the price at? 😵

Yep it's the grey with a hint of blue color. I think it comes out pretty accurately in the photos.
  2. M

What's your question about the color? Sorry for the delay I had to have my friend over with his reader. It didn't lose boost until that 0670 came up. 😞
  3. M

There are like 10 pics in that album! Timing belt was done around 85k I think? Mobil 1 in the northern suburbs did it in 2011 (I think)
  4. M

Hahahah I guess everyone else is just as lost as me on this stuff.
  5. M

I have a 05 Golf TDI 5-speed with a little under 150k on it. It sat the streets of Chicago for parking for many years getting banged up but rarely driven. It's not in the best condition cosmetically (notably the rust on the passenger fender, and missing antenna). I had the stock wheels with...
  6. M

Flickering Dash Lights and Head Lights 2004 Jetta BEW PD

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine have been flicking bad for about a year, first thing I did was replace the alternator... Same as you I thought it fixed the issue but about a week or so later I noticed it again... Typically only happens/noticeable when the engine is cold but can...
  7. M

Going to TDIFest from Chicagoland?

Let's caravan: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3524089
  8. M

Going to TDIFest from Chicagoland?

I will be at Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis (#6 http://www.tollwayoases.com/locations/ ) from 1PM to 1:30PM if anyone would like to caravan with me. My route will be...
  9. M

Price for "Stage 1" Chip

Hahahah I was thinking about going to TDIFest... maybe I'll save some money have have it done there?
  10. M

TDI's in Illinois

Grey/Black? Golf spotted on Weber Rd SB this morning, gunmetal wheels, after market tail-lights and custom TDI badge.
  11. M

Price for "Stage 1" Chip

Yeah I read a whole thread about about it. It seems like everyone gets an increase, but the amount of increase varies. This very well could be his custom tune, I know he has a dyno. I was just curious if anyone else has tried his tune... and if that price was fair.
  12. M

Price for "Stage 1" Chip

I picked up my 05 Golf from Mobile One a couple of days ago and while I was there Jason asked if I would be interested in modifying the ECU. He boasted a 50% increase in horsepower with slightly increased efficiency--the price he quoted me was $550. Has anyone else around here done this?
  13. M

Trusted Chicagoland Mechanic

I'm glad we all agree that Jason is probably the best around. And I'm being completely serious, that is why I tried to go to him first. Maybe some of you would say I didn't try hard enough... But now I'm to the point where I REALLY need to get this service done. Since I am driving this car...
  14. M

I can do oil changes, tire rotations, filters, brakes, distributor caps, spark plugs/wires, battery changes... You know.. the easy stuff... but after owning a sweet 1988 Pontiac Fiero for ten years, this diesel thing is kind of intimidating... and 80k is the timing belt so that is super...
  15. M

I live in Naperville and I need my 80k service done on my TDI. I also have a check engine light for my cylinder 4 glow plug. I could take it to the dealer but... That would be a last resort. I originally thought JasonTDI, but I left him a message on his website and on his shop phone over a...