Recent content by MacGuy

1. M

Vancouver GTG- May 17, 2003

- 10:00am @ Fred's MacGuy
  2. M

Vancouver GTG

Great GTG! Thanks everyone for showing up and special thanks to Tony for letting us use his garage. Looks like we are getting dedicated TDI shop in Vancouver. At least I will do my timing belt change there soon.
  3. M

Vancouver GTG

Wow, that's great. I'll be talking to you coolsio.
  4. M

Vancouver GTG

Great, sign me in! But no word yet about timing belt change! Any toughs, ideas, suggestions? I don't want to go to dealership. Can I ask them to advance my timing??? Golf GLS Y2K, Black UPsolute, 0.205's, piperX, no muffler etc.
  5. M

White Rock VW

And I forgot, they washed my Golf.
  6. M

Air Care Testing in BC

Hey Janusz, don’t worry. I did mine last month. It's just opacity test. They will attach tube sensor to exhaust and run car on dino wheels thru the gears, and you will get computer result printed. That's it. Maximum is opacity something like 23. I had 16. Make sure you have good fuel in your...
  7. M

White Rock VW

I had also good experience with Gold Key. Changed oil yesterday there, they put my Delvac in (mechanic asked me where did I get it, his son just bought TDI). I paid $30 for that service (including filter). While there I asked "how much" for timing belt change and they asking $570. They agreed to...
  8. M

Vancouver to Olympia (West Coast GTG 2002) June 29th

We'll be there. See you guys.
  9. M

2.0 MAF comparison

SilverThunder, just replace air snorkel with 3" one. That's what I did. I have also stock air box and PiperX panel (as well UPsolute and '205's). My TDI MAF is almost new, but I installed 2.0 this morning to give it a try. It's a mod definitely and I don't' have any additional smoke. Good fuel...
  10. M

Ongoing modifications to the Roadwarrior

Valois, good to see your posts again. Question: what ever happened wit UPsolute update for 0.205 injectors. Is it available yet? Golf GLS Y2K, 5speed UPsolute, 0.205's, PiperX etc.
  11. M

replaced battery and got a surprise

I Think Different!
  12. M

Who's from Vancouver here???

Re: Who\'s from Vancouver here??? Me too! Golf GLS, Y2K ,Black UPsolute, 0.205's, PiperX Pan.
  13. M

So much boost for so much fuel?

GoFaster, Will this mechanical boost pressure controller ( Dawes, right?) work on my Y2K Golf (no wastegate!). I have boost pressure spikes up to 25 psi !!! Trying to aid that as much as I can but sometimes goes up. I have 0.250' injectors and UPsolute. Since long lasting "slow down shudder"...
  14. M

Vancouver BioDiesel

Count on me!
  15. M

Vancouver BC GTG April 6/7 2002

Thanks Penny and Brian for awesome pics (and fast developing service too). Thanks everyone for a fabulous day! Dan, I hope your VAG-COM is OK. Hope see you all very soon.