Recent content by MacAvoyHancock

1. MacAvoyHancock

Recently Developed Irregular Engine Noise

I have figured out what it was, the harmonic balancer. I needed to use my car to get somewhere this morning and and it completely broke off, once it did all the vibrations and irregularity’s I was having went away. Luckily I wasn’t to far from home.
  2. MacAvoyHancock

yes the car does have a dmf. I went out and started the car to see how it sounded on each side, I believe you may be right the sound does seem to be coming from the where the flywheel sits. The car has been in its fair share of city driving considering the 272xxxkm on it. I went and looked at...
  3. MacAvoyHancock

Last oil I put in her was 507 Mobil 1 5w-30, when I was in Nova Scotia. The best stuff I can get my hands on up north is is 505 Mobil 1 0w-40.
  4. MacAvoyHancock

the noise is there at cold and operating temp. To add… after 1200rpm the knocking is no longer heard and is most near idle at 900rpm. It also doesn’t have any power loss from what I can feel
  5. MacAvoyHancock

I will have a look when I get the chance, thank you very much. I’m up hear for heavy duty equipment tech schooling And all my tools are in the shop right now but due to covid I can’t access them until schooling resumes. when I’m back in the shop I plan to chance my oil ASAP in there to. So...
  6. MacAvoyHancock

2015 and the cover was just painted. the oil was changed about 10 000km ago and I’m about to change it, I’m just waiting on an oil filter to be shipped in, and the oil put in her was 5w-30
  7. MacAvoyHancock

Mk7 TDI unknown/recently developed knocking sound

I have checked the oil and everything seems to be good there, and the rev is smooth
  8. MacAvoyHancock

Just as of late my Mk7 Golf TDI has stated to develop this knocking sound but I don’t quite have the profound knowledge/tools at the moment to figure out what this sound may be or what’s causing it. Edit-POST PROBLEM: The Harmonic Balancer was the problem. 3 bolts ended up coming loose and 1...
  9. MacAvoyHancock

Mk7 TDI unknown/recently developed knocking sound

Just as of late my TDI has stated to develop this knocking sound but I don’t quite have the knowledge to figure out what this sound may be or what’s causing it Here is a little bit of info on the car incase it is relevant. -272xxxkm -high flow catback exhaust -stage 2 tune -has being up...