Recent content by m1ketdi

1. M

MK7 Golf Build

Will be good to see how egt goes once you drop the new big injectors in
  2. M

lookin for boost logs, tuned and stock :)

Having a look at your logs the boost control is being limited and I don't think any amount of rod adjustment is going to totally fix your issues here. At 4000rpm you are 600mbar away from your boost setpoint and the turbo actuator is at 36%. And keeps opening the actuator beyond that where with...
  3. M

Let's talk Compounds on the 3L using the CP4.2

The issue is you are still putting the flow through the compressor… even when not making boost through that stage you will still be spinning that wheel quickly due to the flow.
  4. M

The issue is you are trying to do something extremely complicated for what most are viewing as a fairly minimal gain… I love compounds and their benefits but I am also struggling with whether what you are describing is really worth the effort and to be honest, without a good tuner on your side...
  5. M

yes on the compressor side you can probably force enough flow through using a compound setup to make 350. on the turbine side it really makes sense to run a bypass to make it more efficient. Yes if you wanted to run a fairly dumb control setup that won’t put all of the energy into the lp...
  6. M

If you can get a tuner who is willing to invest the time to work out how to use EGR valve to work as a secondary exhaust route into your dumb LP turbine housing at higher rpm then you might be able to do something that will achieve what you want....
  7. M

I agree, but by the time you ship turbo's + ecu + wiring loom to the states is it worth it?
  8. M

Whats your real goal here though? 450-500lb/ft held until 4500rpm? To put those ~ 1300kg/h of exhaust gas flow (to support a sensible AFR and egt's ) through your current VNT will create insane EMP. Therefore you will at minimum need a dumb LP snail with a bypass wastegate for your current VNT...
  9. M

CP4.2 in bmw m50d spec moves enough fuel for 850Nm and ~500hp in a 3 litre application when tuned…. this is running at least 2500 bar also.
  10. M

Any suggestion on a plug play turbo 1.9 alh

Agreed - would be nice if these "turbo developers" could show some evidence of performance using a gas stand and give us some maps to allow some proper matching and tuning to be put into efficient zones rather than quote HP numbers...
  11. M

Audi AEL + VNT software?

That sir is a work of art!
  12. M

Biodiesel goes mainstream?

Given this fuel could effectively transform the carbon footprint of the existing fleet I can see this going somewhere. I think the real question will become if you just drop it into something older how transparent are NOx emissions? As my understanding is the cetane ratings of these blends is...
  13. M

Biodiesel goes mainstream?

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/significant-co2-savings-possible-latest-generation-diesel-engines-approved-for-fuels-made-from-residual-and-recycled-materials-7691 Would be interesting to see what changes have been made vs the standard Diesel engine to make this work. To...
  14. M

edc15 tuning... getting into the game! very basic questions

Happy to be a sounding board for useful maps that you might need. But assume you have found the edc16 funktionsrahmen and can work out most things!
  15. M

edc16suite? going down the rabbit hole..... ;)

Good luck to you! Should include edc17 suite while you are at it :P