Recent content by LukeWilson

1. L

1990 Toyota Pickup TDI Conversion - Ottawa, ON

Bump. Looking to do some spring cleaning.
  2. L

1990 Toyota Pickup TDI Conversion - Ottawa, ON

I have had grand plans to put this back on the road, but I'm building a house and it's realistically not going to happen any time soon. Here's a link the build thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=292227 Based on it's current condition, I would recommend that you use it as parts...
  3. L

'01 Audi A4 1.8T quattro TDI Conversion

Does cruise work in any gear? I had to get Malone to adjust mine when he got the 6th gear ratio wrong, it would work in gears 1-5 though. Have you checked that the cruise switch and clutch/brake switches are working in VCDS?
  4. L

2004 Allroad BHW Conversion

Figured I would do a little update as I've racked up 55k since the swap. No swap issues to report, just a couple of Allroad issues but nothing serious. I consistently get 7.5L/100km combined, although I would say my driving is 70% highway driving. I also tend to drive a little faster on the...
  5. L

4 cylinder TDI quattro clutch discussion

I'm currently using the Audi 80 flywheel, S2 pressure plate and B5 S4/RS4 disc. I do get some clutch rattle in neutral, but it's no worse than a VR6 single mass conversion on a Golf/Jetta TDI. I also get some vibration from 1600-2000rpms under heavy load, almost as if I'm hitting the resonant...
  6. L

Etest tdi swap in ontario please help

When I did my Allroad swap, I just left the registration slip as gas. I went in for an e-test and didn't tell anyone about the swap, passed without a question. All of the diesel emissions equipment in fully intact and functioning on my car, so the applicable readiness codes are generated which...
  7. L

Unfortunately it's not that seal. Oil level is normal with no diesel smell. I was jiggling around the engine speed sensor and it hasn't acted up since. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or that's the problem. I would have expected a fault code...
  8. L

Well after almost 10,000kms trouble free, I'm having a strange issue. Starts first crank as always, idles for 10-15 second and dies. Starts right up and does the same thing. If I press the throttle and hold it at 1500rpm, it will run with the occasional stutter. Let of the throttle, it will...
  9. L

Audi Allroad 2.7T 6spd =» 2.0TDI BHW + 2.5TDI 6spd Allroad gearbox

People use a ~20lb G60 flywheel on ALH/BEW engines all the time with no issues, myself included. The worst I experienced from that set up was a slight rattle at idle, but no vibration once moving. Any chance it's in the driveline? A bent output shaft or bad u-joint?
  10. L

I would expect the balancer assembly would need to be timed to engine rotation, otherwise it will increase the vibrations instead of cancelling them. I think there is some kind of locking tool for the balancer assembly. I deleted the balance shaft on my car, so I've never actually done the...
  11. L

Did you have the entire clutch assembly balanced once the flywheel was modified? Is your balance shaft assembly timed correctly? I wouldn't think the auto/manual swap would have much effect.
  12. L

There is some vibration at low RPM's throughout the whole car. I think its a combination of deleting the balance shaft, no dual mass flywheel and maybe older engine/transmission mounts. I usually try and run around 2000 rpm as that's where I have more torque. I was planning on replacing the...
  13. L

2006 Audi A4Q Avant 2.0TFSI -> 2.0TDI (Holset edition)

The TDI Allroad has no problems starting at -30C, glow it once and it fires on the first crank. I'm thinking its more map related...
  14. L

stp359: Are you using the original BHW power supply relay? This is the BHW wiring diagram I had: I just put a new VSS in hoping it would cure my cruise control, no dice. Measuring block 6 in vagcom shows the speed as 0 km/h when the car is in motion, I would think this is my issue. Could...