Recent content by LuckyBob

1. LuckyBob

VW recalling 150K Passats over headlight concerns

My god you are so right! I blew mine in winter, ice covered hood dropped it and bang lights out. Thought it was the bulb but nope dealer needed to change the headlight connector housing thing. (pre-recall)
  2. LuckyBob

2013 Passat TDi - tuning questions

Yes to the DSG tune. Well it shifts hard if you push it hard but otherwise it's much smoother normal driving. It seems to shift at correct points versus closer to 5000rpm previously. It's been a blast on the highway this week :) Also after a few days of driving the car seems to have...
  3. LuckyBob

2013 Passat TDi - tuning questions

Just had my 2012 done by Giles at Performance Diesel Injection in Toronto, they did a great job. The car is a blast to drive now. Acceleration in passing is just there when you need it, no downshift needed most of the time. Well worth the upgrade...
  4. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

Sorry no part number listed.
  5. LuckyBob

Sirius Travel Link RNS-510 in Canada!

No it was repaired and running fine last time I drove it. This post however is about Travel Link. Anyone?
  6. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

No we have two now. :)
  7. LuckyBob

Sirius Travel Link RNS-510 in Canada!

So I received my new car yesterday and noticed not only is the Nav system much faster than the old one but it now has a weather overlay (Sirius Travellink). I'm fairly sure once the 3 month trial is over they will tell me I cannot subscribe in Canada. Anyone else in Canada successful in...
  8. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

No idea which wire. They initially spliced then once it was proven to be the problem they replaced the harness completely. They did a great job. LB
  9. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

A pinched wire, it was intermittent so I can see why it was so hard to diagnose. car runs very well.
  10. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

Got the car back, its all sorted out. Running well. Lets just say VW Customer care came through and I am very happy with the result of their efforts.
  11. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

Only 13,000 Km / 8000 Miles. And you're right, I'll probably begin the process next week but up here we have to give the manufacturer reasonable time to repair and we have to keep chronological documentation of who did or said what. Plus it would be nice to have VW tell me what the are...
  12. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

We'll it's 2 months now. They're having a hell of a time figuring it out. Working on it every day, bringing in factory techs and paying for the loaner, It must be costing them a fortune.
  13. LuckyBob

ECU Problems

I couldn't it's been in the shop :) but next time I have a conjugal visit I'll take a look. I have the VIN if there's any way to tell from that.
  14. LuckyBob

2012 passat tdi w/ check engine light; VCDS chasis type?

They're leaning towards this as the problem with mine as well. It must be difficult to troubleshoot this system.