Recent content by luceberg

1. L

Compare B4 standard turbo with a VNT turbo

I tested this and the vacuum slowly builds to 26 in Hg. I also tested the one way valve again. It works as it should, but on the suction side it is not exactly free flowing. It could be a bit obstructed, maybe?
  2. L

I quote myself, "Does the test need to be under load or stationary?" Sorry, that's a daft question, forget it. I was thinking of boost.
  3. L

I will do a vacuum test on it. Does the test need to be under load or stationary? It does have a small accumulator. I am going off for a few days camping, so will post back later.
  4. L

We adjusted the actuator rod 2 turns shorter, but it made no difference, also replaced the map sensor, to no effect. There is an oil leak from the intercooler, although the pipe connectors are dry, suggesting the leak is from the intercooler body. Could this cause a boost leak and cause my...
  5. L

I am going to attempt this tomorrow or the next day. So one turn shorter would be a good starting point? The actuator rod is not exactly easy to reach. Will you gain access from the top or bottom?
  6. L

Thanks, I am going to try adjusting the actuator rod. I noticed the replacement turbo had a long travel, but assumed it had been set up correctly. I replaced all the vacuum lines with silicone ones and the EGR diaphragm was leaking, now replaced, so hopefully there are no leaks.
  7. L

I am asking on this section because you folks are more likely to know. I am troubleshooting a friends newly aquired Golf PD 100 Tdi. It came with an overboost condition, so we replaced all the vacuum lines, MAF sensor, N75 and EGR valve and fitted a reconditioned turbo, which has generally...
  8. L

PD engine oil priming

My engine is an ATD and yes, there was no clip or oil leak. Thanks for the info, folks.
  9. L

PD engine oil priming

I need to prime the oil feed line to the turbo on my VW Golf 1.9 TDI PD. Instructions say to disconnecting the injection pump shut off solenoid wire. Since it is a PD engine and does not have an injection pump, what do I disconnect to prevent the engine from starting?
  10. L

Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation

I just checked the movement on the actuator. It is moving about 8-10mm. There is a lot of spring resistance.
  11. L

Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation

I am trying to solve a problem with a 2002 Golf 1.9 PD 100. It goes into limp mode during any trip, even when driven carefully. When I stop, the limp mode resets. I get the following fault code: 17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent...
  12. L

Sun Roof Seal

I did an easy but rather scruffy fix for this by injecting silicone into the joint and clamping it all together.
  13. L

97 Passat B4 Wagon rear trim removal question

I have been frustrated by this problem in the past, so here is a more detailed description for future reference. The square hole in the metal upright is where the release tab is located. The screwdriver is inserted down here and under the belt. You are looking for this square hole with...
  14. L

A3/B4 Ignition Switch Replacement Procedures

Here is a video I found on this subject, in german with subtitles. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?140566-Video-Replacing-ignition-starter-switch
  15. L

Rear wheel bearing washer part number?

http://www.henkelna.com/industrial/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797923082241 or this one may be better. http://www.henkelna.com/adhesives/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797924360193 I used Halfords stud and bearing lock, but it may not be available in the US.