Recent content by Low944

1. Low944

Malone Tune - how long does it take to get it?

For me it was because the purchase process seemed straight forward. I did not know there would be interaction with Malone needed. If the process were spelled out, then I would have gone directly to Malone. So it was just ignorance on my part that I went through the easy online store on ECS.
  2. Low944

TDI 3.0 - timing chain tensioner covered under extended warranty?

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice mine doing it until after a few hundred miles after my first oil change too. That happened to be when it was getting warmer out. But as it got colder it went away again. Then I added the additive and it went away for a few hundred miles. hmmm. I guess...
  3. Low944

My question was answered
  4. Low944

A simple question. Got good answers. Then there are these guys just reading way too far into it looking for something to complain about. ��
  5. Low944

Damn buddy. Maybe do something else besides read all these threads already
  6. Low944

Well since my post that I thought the noise was gone, it has done it a few more times. It is doing it less but still there. I will look into the oil filter housing part next.
  7. Low944

Anybody have any experience ordering a Malone tune from ECS? If ordered with a flashzilla, how long does it usually take them to send a tune?
  8. Low944

I guess this could cause an oil drain situation?
  9. Low944

The product was Liqui-Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment. The clatter mine made for 2 seconds at startup was pretty loud. I am really glad it's gone. There are other guys with this same issue, same engine, that still made the noise after replacing timing chains and tensioners!
  10. Low944

I may have a fix! :eek: As the temps got warmer outside, the rattle became consistent. Every start. My brother, a mechanic, happened to give me a bottle of Liqui Moly oil additive. I put it in thinking it will at least help with some extra protection or revive my seals or whatever else it...
  11. Low944

ECU replacement with a used one?

Can a used ECU be programmed to replace my current one if I get the same hw version? I am looking to put in a pre dieselgate / non fixed ECU. 2014 Q7 TDI
  12. Low944

Since the temps outside have cooled back down it hasn't made the noise. I may have to wait until it warms up good enough to take it to the dealer to get it checked out. I'll report back here afterwards.
  13. Low944

Thanks for sharing. If I can get it to make the noise "on command" I will take it to my dealer to get it on the books and see what they say.