1. Louis_TDI

My Old Friend Rebuild, 2003 Golf TDI

Thanks but what is the asr mod?
  2. Louis_TDI

I clear coated the side markers to get rid of the yellow
  3. Louis_TDI

Got her ready for a road trip so changed all back breaks including the calipers. The diver side was dragging and considering I had rehabbed these a 4 years ago it was time for new ones. I bough trw aftermarket but I’m quite certain there identical there’s just the vw logo that got ground off.
  4. Louis_TDI

Time for en update haven’t been doing much with it since I got en E-Golf. She got some new wheels Rex eight found them in a junk yard.
  5. Louis_TDI

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Changed my EGR yesterday 377000km was how long it lasted. Took 1hr to clean the ''new'' one from a junkyard and clean some of the intake then put it all back together.
  6. Louis_TDI

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

FINALY got my offer today just have to wait for bank approval of a loan to pay the outstanding loan to sign the offer. Doing a trade-in value of the car stayed the same value of the trade dropped by 1500$ thats ok only a loss of 150$ in tax savings. Applied 28th april approved 4-5May offer...
  7. Louis_TDI

Any one else trying to do a trade in? It is a very odd financial situation due to the fact that you need to pay off the remaining loan off before the buyback can take place. I'm just trying to figure it out. if this make any sense. Now after waiting 38min to talk to the Rice Bowl people that...
  8. Louis_TDI

I rather go to Bytek too I avoid Outaouais VW a all costs. Nice to know that some one in the region got in before the end of the month. Applied the 28th and everything was approved the 2nd or 3rd and still waiting for there offer.
  9. Louis_TDI

Lol thanks bbarbulo I actually had the same set up for about 7 years but was getting tired of always having to bend over to unplug it and being in the front of the car the plug is always dirty. I have been using the plug in the fender for a few months now and I'm loving it. It's kinda ugly but...
  10. Louis_TDI

Climate control and shift select lights intermittent with headlight switch

Climate controls below the radio is just the light about to go out this is a tiny incandescent bulb behind the centre button. To change it you need to pull the button to have access to the bulb. As for the shift select light I don't know witch light you are referring to.
  11. Louis_TDI

bizarre electrical problem with emergency brake

Check the fuses I'm sure your cruise control doesn't work ether had the same problem at the beginning of this winter.
  12. Louis_TDI

Monster Mat vs WeatherTech: Thoughts? Opinions?

As far as I know the weatherthech ones have the holes too the advantage is they go much farther up then the monsters one so far up they should't slide anyways. I just can bring myself to spend that much for weathertech when used monster mats are fairly common at least here.
  13. Louis_TDI

Tip for those needing parts from a VW dealer.

I always ask for a discount my local dealer usually gives me cost price on some odd parts change the carpet on my mk4 680$ retail I payed 220$. Bought the front flex break line they were 38$ Canadian witch is cheaper the ECS at 39$ in US currency.
  14. Louis_TDI

Electric/heated mirrors

Some of the older mk4 the hated mirrors only worked when the rear defrost was on
  15. Louis_TDI

Retour / réparation TDi affectée par le scandale?

Tu a une des rare golf avec le nouveau moteur tdi qui a déjà le adblue so si il aurait une réparation ta génération de moteur sera la moins affecter. La meilleure option serait de prendre la réparation + l'argent possiblement offert par VW Canada si tu te chèche une voiture diesel car VW n'aura...