Recent content by LogicBomb

1. L

900 mile Club

When I had the Passat, I had several 800+ tanks. All ranging from 16.302 - 17.010 gallons for refill. It seems to be quite the stretch to get a DSG car to the magical 900 mile mark. I only came close twice, theoretically, as I filled up early due to convenience. 734 mile tank - took 14.743...
  2. L

Cancelled buyback date?

Sounds like someone crossed a T and dotted an I on the wrong claim number. That's inexcusable, but your only option now is to reach out to Class Action Counsel and explain the situation. And here I was thinking there wasn't much else VW could do to fudge this up even further. :confused:
  3. L

Now what? DMV?

I went online and filled out the "Notice of Transfer and Release Liability" for CA. I used the US corporate address for VW, the day after I turned the vehicle in. It took all of three minutes.
  4. L

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Funny, I just logged into my VW Credit account and my account shows closed. So I guess it went rather quickly for me. :p
  5. L

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Today marks 2 business weeks since I turned it in, and no pay off. Another payment is due on March 5th, not a huge deal I know I'll get the money back eventually. I just think it's silly that VW is dragging their feet, and it seems like it's in their best interest to do so. 20 bucks in...
  6. L

Loan not with VW.. nightmare.

I was thinking that perhaps it would have been quicker/easier if I listed my pay off amount as $1,000, received the larger sum from VW up front, pay the car off and go about my business. I only suggest this as it seems the pay off amount seems almost arbitrary to VW, as they don't update the...
  7. L

Did Ferdinand Piëch lose his job due to Dieselgate?

Which would explain why he was quick to throw Winterkorn under the bus in a recent interview. Funny how short sighted companies are when it comes to employees at times.
  8. L

EFT - How long for the email from Chase?

Turned in my car Tuesday at 4PM PST. Got the Chase email Wednesday at 8:12PM (11:12PM EST like others). I don't expect the money till Tuesday, since Monday is a federal holiday.
  9. L

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

It's complete. Turned in my Passat around 3:50PM yesterday at Bob Baker VW in Carlsbad, CA. Buyback rep was a gentlemen named Sergio, was very straight forward. I had to ask him how it's been going, if he's had any of the "crazies", he laughed and said he's had two that were kind of going wild...
  10. L

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

Mine's going back tomorrow, 4PM at Bob Baker here in Carlsbad. It's been a good 2.5 years. :)
  11. L

A question about the settlement

People who don't read the entire documents? Optimists? Also, it seems, that the claims hotline has perpetuated this fallacy as well, at least according to individuals who have posted here.
  12. L

Anyone else happy with dieselgate?

I'm in a similar scenario. Was commuting 153 miles day, the Passat was far and away the best choice. 31 months later and 71,000 miles I'm getting about $7,000 back. And my cost for use of the car during 31 months? Just shy of $4,000, which is $129.03 a month, which I could have never achieved...
  13. L

Getting their act together?

For me, yes. For all involved, it seems like VW is still dragging their feet. I got my emissions modification offer, elected to change to a buy back, was reset, resubmitted everything, received the final offer yesterday morning, sent it back in around 4:30PST notarized, and received the final...
  14. L

Changing the selection and back to the starting point

If it's of any consolation, I can provide you with a timeline of how "quickly" mine was changed. First email "Documents submitted" 10/25/16 Second email "Documents submission" 11/09/16 Third email "Offer Package complete" 11/25/16 (This was the offer for the fix, which I elected to change. I...
  15. L

Strippers beware

While I thought the entire "strip my car as a giant F you to VW" was giggle worthy. It's not something I was even remotely interested in, maybe I'm just lazy. :)