Recent content by lisab4

1. lisab4

Meet Lisa, my '96 1.9 TDI

@Windex Sorry for the late reply. yes, it is legal in Belgium with oldtimer plates :)
  2. lisab4

I'll try to took some soon :)
  3. lisab4

And to wrap things up: 7 years, thousands of hours, and about 30 grand got me this almost new B4. It doesn't hurt to be crazy!
  4. lisab4

Todd: It's 99% finished :p I think no car is indeed ever "done". I chose the Police theme as it's something unique and fun. Glowbug: Thanks! I hope she lasts 50 :D The machine gun cases were only ever delivered with German Police models. They did not export. Although I found mine on Ebay...
  5. lisab4

After 7 years, she is finally done!
  6. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

So this should be correct? Take the white wire (WS) from the steering column stalk for the high beams, and the black/white wire (WS SW) from the light switch for the low beams?
  7. lisab4

Warning: Capacitors in Passat B4 clusters cause trouble

I can recommend Alex. Great service!
  8. lisab4

Long overdue update in this thread. Current status: almost done! Just finishing up the wiring for the lightbar and some minor things. Hope to finally enjoy it after a 7 year, 30grand build!
  9. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

Found these colours on the switch plug: Grey/green Grey/red Black/yellow Grey/black Grey/yellow Grey/blue Red White/black Brown Grey/Blue So the white/black is the low beam activation wire? And the high beam activation wire is a white one coming from the stalk on the steering column I presume...
  10. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

Thanks! I need the low wire as the system is designed to disable when the lows are on. It's a safety thing. (Blinking) highs are dangerous at night.
  11. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

Long story short, I'm looking for a single wire that activates the high beams, and a single wire for the normal lights. And since I'm in Europe, probably best to mention I have a euroswitch.
  12. lisab4

My "new" storm grey b4v

5 lug swap is a bit project. You'll need a donor. I'd keep it stock. It's a fantastic cruiser!
  13. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

Had a house to remodel :) but now back on the Passat for the last bits. There's a relay in the box, so I guess relays aren't needed. But I know nothing about the headlicht wiring. Where would I splice these 2 wires (high beams and normal lights) in? Somewhere around the switch? It's a German...
  14. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

15. lisab4

Headlichts electrics

So my B4 police car is almost done, but I need to wire in a High beams flasher unit. This unit makes the High beams flash when you turn the lightbar/siren on. Schematics show one wire marked as going to the high beam relay, another to the normal lights relay (so if you turn your lights on at...