Recent content by linux_author

1. L

FYI: VW Credit and Titles

- purchased '15 TDI GSW S in May 2015 (best vehicle ever purchased!) - have had the two emissions modifications done - paid off the small VW Credit loan in Jan 2018 - checked our state DMV (FL) for a copy of the title, assuming it was there - NO TITLE!!!!! turns out that VW Credit never sent...
  2. L

Phase 2 Dealership Experience

LOL! we got a 2018 Nissan Rogue SV... we asked for a Beetle loaner and the service tech laughed at us... (in a nice way) it took six calendar days for our Phase II Emissions Modification... willie on the Gulf of Mexico
  3. L

Phase II Claims Process?

3rd UPDATE: finally got the Chase Payments email - attempted to log in, but since i was doing it on a new laptop, i had to go through a 'verification code' process... Chase still had my original password and bank account info (frightening!) next, i received an error because the Chase...
  4. L

Phase II Claims Process?

2nd UPDATE: had to drive back to the dealership so the service tech could take a picture of the VIN from the dash - arrrrggghhh! willie on the rainy Gulf of Mexico
  5. L

Phase II Claims Process?

UPDATE: service performed three days ago - VW still hasn't received info from the dealer, so no restitution is forthcoming as yet call is in to the dealer to find out what's going on... i thought there was a tight timeline on this process? willie on the Gulf of Mexico
  6. L

Phase 2 fix completed for my 2015 TDI Sportwagen

yep, just drove our '15 GSW TDI S home today after it was at the dealer for six days... ran right out onto the highway and had the same acceleration, and punch when needed... noted no change from previous behavior (driving the loaner Nissan Rogue Sport on the same highway was like riding a...
  7. L

Phase II Claims Process?

tks! we had some other scheduled maintenance done (a bit less expensive than normal thanks to the $500 VW gift card for paying for the maintenance package)... got a receipt detailing what was done (parts, etc.)... took six calendar days to get Phase II done... vehicle seems just as peppy -...
  8. L

Phase II Claims Process?

hey folks - we're picking up our vehicle tomorrow following the Phase II emissions mod (took them a week!), but wanted to know what to expect at the dealer... do we get a receipt and fill out paperwork? will dealer handle payment option? (ETF, check to be mailed, etc.) tks in advance...
  9. L

Got the Phase II EM mod letter today!

you don't want the $2K+ payment? i can't see how installing a sensor is going to hurt... but hey, it's nice to have a choice! willie on the Gulf of Mexico p.s. and yes, VW is very unprofessional for denying access to the site - i'd wager there's really no maintenance being done, but i'll hit...
  10. L

Got the Phase II EM mod letter today!

Got the letter from VW for our '15 GSW today! Now off to make the claim... willie on the Gulf of Mexico update: ackpht! Got this at the claims site: "The site is currently unavailable for planned maintenance activities." Ratzenfratzen!
  11. L

TDI Phase 2

the phase II fix has been approved, but there are no parts - yet... if you're signed up and have had the phase 1 fix done, you'll be notified by email or U.S. Snail... it will be nice to get the extra $2K in pocket this year (fingers crossed)... but i believe VW has until this time next year to...
  12. L

Update on bought back cars fate?

LOL! our wagen only has 15K miles and will be on the road (barring misfortune) for another 150,000K miles - it is the last car we'll own as long as we can keep it running... willie on the 'smile with every VW mile' Gulf of Mexico
  13. L

thanks, VW!

We just paid off our low-interest loan on our '15 GSW TDI S... Thanks, VW! The dinero you gave us last year, and the $2K+ we'll get for Phase II will be a bonus... Best vehicle purchase *ever*! wish we had bought two of 'em! Our vehicle is running great on the Phase 1 Emissions Modification...
  14. L

Phase 2 for Gen 3 2.0L?

any bets on when in 2018 the Phase 2 emissions modification may be available? or have i missed a reading or news on the timeline? willie on the smile-with-every-VW-mile Gulf of Mexico p.s. '15 TDI S GSW still running like a top!
  15. L

one grateful TDI owner

the '15 GSW TDI has a 110V 10A inverter built into the right panel in the rear compartment - quite handy for amateur radio outings, but now, a real lifesaver to provide recharging a laptop and providing medical device power hope life gets back to normal (is there such a thing? LOL!) regards...