Recent content by likmywagon

1. L

Possible Mid-West road trip early March

Hey dude don't know if it works with your schedule but you can crash at my place in Toronto on the 27th. If you don't have plans to overnight here but have time for a bite either here or in the broader GTA I'd probably be good with that as well. As for the return leg I'm won't available unless...
  2. L

Importing a US _______

The basic stuff like year and model eligibility, lights and seat belts are clear cut on the RIV.ca web site. That said there are some nuanced interpretations that I'd like someone with some experience to wad in with. First and foremost the RIV inspection is not the safety inspection. I went...
  3. L

Importing a US _______

Can someone with solid knowledge on these matters provide me with their opinion as to whether the car in the link below would have any, or at least any major issues being imported into Ontario from North Carolina? Specifically would the suspension mods in particular and/or any of the other non...
  4. L

Detroit Auto Show - NAIAS 2014 - January 18

Worked too many hours last week to do it for this weekend, anyone interested in either a day trip next Saturday or Sunday? Or maybe an overnight near Detroit/Windsor on Saturday.
  5. L

Detroit Auto Show - NAIAS 2014 - January 18

I'd like to go, if anyone wants to car pool for either a day trip or get a motel/hotel for one of the Saturdays, possibly Ypsilanti as per VeeDubTDI's above, link let me know.
  6. L

7th Annual DETROIT AUTO SHOW GTG - NAIAS 2014 - January 18

Hi haven't read the whole thread yet, but will, so sorry if this has been asked already but is anyone interested in ride sharing or convoying to the event from Toronto or points along the 401 ect? I'm only really interested in overnighting on the Saturday either weekend if there's someone who...
  7. L

Wednesday Meet in Jack Astors Parking Lot (410 and Queen in Brampton)

Anyone planning on starting this up in the new year? The Blue Goose works a lot better for me.
  8. L

Anyone showing up with a VAG/VSDS this week, Oct 9th I guess? Did some Cat work and now getting a P0420 code and want to see if I can get O2 readings to know if it's the new Cat or maybe something else.
  9. L

F/S 00 Audi A4 2.5 tdi engine and 6 speed $5500.00

Hey would this set up drop into a 2001 Passat W8 without too much modifying as such?
  10. L

Offering to the locals first: PP764, RC2/3 ECU, PD130 intake manifold FS

Is the clutch gone yet and if not is it compatible with a 2003 Passat 1.8t?
  11. L

So for future reference do you guys meet at the Lone Star Grill or at Jack Astor's. Looking it up and it's a little strange. Google shows them at 156 and 154 West Drive respectively but it maps The Lone Star about 2km east of Jack Astor's which it shows just off the 410. Anyhoo also wondering...
  12. L

Thinking of showing up but I have two questions. Will anyone have a VAG-Com there and where exactly do you guys meet? This thread was started two years ago and I don't feel like reading from the beginning.
  13. L

TDI 6 Speed Quatro Box 4 Sale

Will this work with a 2003 Passat W8 4Motion Hi will with transmission bolt onto a 2003 VW W8 Passat wagon with little or no serious mods? The car is currently a gas powered W8 and I may, or may not go to a PD130 TDI but either way I want to swap out the auto 5 speed for a 6 speed manual. Thanks
  14. L

How late do people generally stick around? I'd like to drop by and reacquaint but I don't leave work until 7:30 this Wednesday.