Recent content by Lightman

1. L

NEW! Cat Filter Install Instructions PDF and Video

Cat Filter Installation Instructions Inappropriate response deleted. Violation of rule #3. Lightman sits it out.
  2. L

Cat Filter Installation Instructions [ QUOTE ] sassyrel said: because all the ones with problems have emailed and told him so--- [/ QUOTE ] Greg, just from the posts on this thread. I've not been harping on the setup, just saying there a number of ppl with this problem. If there weren't...
  3. L

Cat Filter Installation Instructions best of luck greg. Paramedic, no I dont forget that there are some running around with no probs. You're asserting that the air bubble problem is only with a small few and thats silly...
  4. L

2004 Jetta TDI PD spotted

are you guys really getting that excited over 10 more hp? VW is so gay, they should put 150hp PD's in them , minimum.
  5. L

Biodiesel user question. Tevis Oil, MD

As RC said, a lot of the responsiblity of the cleanliness lies in the hands of the final retailer. BP supreme undoubtedly comes very clean from the refinery etc, and yours was likely dirty due to poor tank maintenance at that specific staion, or lack of them changing filters in the pumps, etc...
  6. L

Cat Filter Installation Instructions Lets not forget jeff king's tdi has 220K+ miles now? With what? Oh, the factory filter. I think this was a good idea, but gosh what a hassle so far. Hopefully you guys have the patience to try to get this thing working, I know I would have scrapped the POS...
  7. L

Cat Filter Installation Instructions No offense, but it doesn't sound like this was well tested(you buttheads) . I remember prototypes being tested, but what about the machined final products? Something may have been screwed up or different in the machining, etc. Are the folks who plugged...
  8. L

BioDiesel TDi emissions vs comparable Gas Engines

LMAO, first he uses bio, then he hates it and won't touch it, now b20. LMAO. Just admit it auto, you love biodiesel.
  9. L

VW No Longer Approves Biodiesel for New Models

Yup, I agree. The new CLK has chrysler written all over it. UGLY POS. They shouldn't have ruined a good thing. The old E and CLK had much nicer lines and didn't look so cheap.
  10. L

Cat Filter Installation Instructions [ QUOTE ] LanduytG said: Dave The only thing you might need the tee for is heat in the winter. But bkmetz ran all last winter without it and never had a problem. As for FL you can have. I was St Pete 3 or 4 years ago with the kids for spring break. I didn't...
  11. L

*SOLD* '00 Jetta TDI Auto in MI for $12.6K on ebay

*PICS!* \'00 Jetta GLS TDI Auto White Tan Lthr 64K m Looks like a nice car, with decent/average maintenance. Fuel filter at 45k isn't necessarily something I'd list IMO, considering they are supposed to be changed every 20k... Also looks like you are going a similar route as I am. Too bad...
  12. L

VW No Longer Approves Biodiesel for New Models

how about the fact that all of the ulev etc cars are ugly, slow, and generally and gay as sh!t? Also I believe most of the problems in SP's list are either 'potential' problems, or those due to poorly made bio.
  13. L

BioDiesel TDi emissions vs comparable Gas Engines

[ QUOTE ] AutoDiesel said: [ QUOTE ] I like many prefer real world tests, such as the fact that I've run 25k miles on b100 with great results and oil analyses [/ QUOTE ] Have you done any tailpipe testing? No, I see little or no point in tailpipe testing, as I said, this argument is...
  14. L

Cat Filter Installation Instructions There was some talk a while back, and boundless posted a few diagrams of the fuel system. He believes the T valve also serves as a pressure relieving check valve to the system. Some argue it's necessary, but I ran for a long time with just the fm100 and no...