Recent content by Lex4TDI4Life

1. Lex4TDI4Life

WTB - CLEAN MKIV 2-Dr Seats NY/CT/NJ Area or Along I-95 Corridor to Savannah

Like it says, I am looking for a clean set of seats from a MKIV 2-dr, leather/cloth/20th. I'm probably not interested in R32s. Can pick up in the Tri-State Area or along the I-95 corridor to Savannah, Georgia.
  2. Lex4TDI4Life

Sticking vanes

Give it more than a few hours of penetrating oil. Also, step your game up from PB Blaster to Kroil or even 50/50 ATF and acetone. The replace your turbo entirely and either EGR delete and/or CCV delete.
  3. Lex4TDI4Life

Lift Ideas for MKIV Golf Smyth Ute

No decisions yet, but I am leaning toward something not very extreme. Too much of a lift will throw suspension geometry off and cause premature wear. I think what I will end up doing is throwing new stock springs on the rear, see what height I get, and then make a decision on the front. I...
  4. Lex4TDI4Life

Haha, not too late at all. If I am lucky, I will get around to this before the first snow of the year. She looks great!
  5. Lex4TDI4Life

Yeah, I am trying to avoid anything too extreme. I suppose my biggest question is what shocks will best accommodate the lift.
  6. Lex4TDI4Life

Interesting! I am hesitant to veer too far off the OEM course, but never say never!
  7. Lex4TDI4Life

Hmm, any links? I have never heard of Jeep or Tiggy springs on a MKIV. Also wondering what shocks would have a long enough extension to work.
  8. Lex4TDI4Life

I have neither the time nor patience. Also, I am loathe to introduce any more electrical complexity into a 20-year-old vehicle that has already undergone major surgery.
  9. Lex4TDI4Life

What spring/shock combo did you go with?
  10. Lex4TDI4Life

So, it is time to start sorting the suspension on my MKIV Smyth Ute and I think a proper lift is in order. I am debating also throwing on some oversized tires to just make this thing a bit more ridiculous :) As you will see, because the rear is about 250 lbs lighter, it sits a couple inches...
  11. Lex4TDI4Life

///// blew off the turbo hose /////

This is your problem. Get the proper spring clamps.
  12. Lex4TDI4Life

Mk4 bew fans not working

Check the fuse block on top of the battery. Your fuse (and everything else) could be fine. To expand, I was having the same problem on my ALH. I bought a new fuse block and everything was fixed. A cheaper solution would be to pull the connections from your fuse block and wire an inline fuse...
  13. Lex4TDI4Life

WTB: Fuse Block and Battery Box MKIV Jetta/Golf

Very good point. It seems like both my fan fuse and ABS controller fuse connections might be shot. Bypassing the fuse block makes sense.
  14. Lex4TDI4Life

The Mystery of the Open Door....

Interestingly enough, you do not need to wire those circuits closed. I checked with another ute-builder and he didn't run into this problem. Thank you! The driver's door puddle light has been on, so I think I have the culprit. I will check VCDS to see if any other doors are phantom-opened.