Recent content by Leroy71

1. L

2014 Touareg TDI timing belt replacement

I also have a 2014 with 146K on it and I have never got an answer on this website. My VW dealer says it never needs to be replaced. It is super expensive to have done. Like 3K or more. I wish someone would comment on this for our vintage Touareg TDI.
  2. L

New 2016 Touareg TDI Sport 60K

Maple Hill VW in Kalamazoo MI
  3. L

New 2016 Touareg TDI Sport 60K

Seen a nice black one at my dealership in the used lot. When I inquired about it, they told me it had 60 on it. When I replied 60K is too many for me to consider upgrading on. She said no I mean 60 miles, less then 100. Selling for 60K with an outstanding warranty. Seems like a lot for a 6...
  4. L

2014 TDI TOUAREG TIRES

Everyone is so tight lipped giving out information on this site. I'm on my 2nd set of Continental LX 25's and like them a lot. They are quiet, good in snow and I get about 50K miles on them.
  5. L

Touareg fuel economy

My 2014 with 143,000 miles and no emission mods gets about in summer weather: 34 mpg @ 60 mph 30 mpg @ 70 mph 28 mpg @ 80 mph Very dependent on speed and by air temperature. I have got as low as 25 mpg @ 85 mpg. I got almost 19 mpg pulling my 17 foot Boston Whaler to the Upper Peninsula where I...
  6. L

First Transmission Service at 141K Miles

Thanks! I will talk to my mechanic
  7. L

I assumed their was no filter. I was going to repeat it in 10K miles.
  8. L

Thank you for the information
  9. L

All they did was drain and refill.
  10. L

3.0 cata failed engine

11. L

So Who Has The Most Miles?

You are obviously a very talented mechanic
  12. L

I'm confused...."unmodified 2014 with emissions updates done". Did it have the update?
  13. L

I bought mine after the ban and wasn't eligible
  14. L

My VW dealership has always told me my 2014 Touareg had permanent fluid never to be changed. It had recently started hanging up in 3rd gear when accelerating slowly with a cold winter transmission. It would always shift but only when rpm's were elevated. I finally decided to get it changed in...
  15. L

While waiting for an oil change at my VW dealer, there was a guy in there that had 195K on his 2014. His had the emissions mod and said it had been been pretty much trouble free but needed new struts the dealer quoted at $3200 (ouch!).