Recent content by leicaman

1. leicaman

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

I have 165k on my 2015 Golf SE TDI. All the maintenance is up to date, new tires, front brakes and a driver's side OEM front axle. Couple of little things went such as the hatch latch (OEM was used in replacement) and a mirror glass just plain became unglued. Next oil change I am putting all...
  2. leicaman

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Well today I changed the oil on my Golf. Oil change went splendidly as I am finally used to that goofy filter location. However, when I pulled down my belly pan, I found splinters of a serpentine belt. Argh! Belt still intact but running on a prayer. I have heard that the newer tensioners...
  3. leicaman

2015 Golf TDI long crank first start of the day

I had this issue for awhile a few months back. What fixed it was changing out my fuel filter and then running some power service in the tank. It has been brilliant since. Recently I was due for filters to be changed after another fussless 20k miles and the filter was dirtier than I thought...
  4. leicaman

I changed the oil on my Golf today. Again went with the 0w30 VW oil I purchased at the dealership parts counter along with oil filter and new drain plug. Next week I plan on buying a filter pack, likely at idparts. The car is at 130k.
  5. leicaman

2015 Golf TDI Timing Belt Replacement (NJ)

I just had mine done by JasonTDI near Madison, Wis. I did mine at 117k. The tensioner was just starting to splay grease and the timing and serpentine belts were showing micro cracks, so it was all due. I also had my DSG fluid changed as that was also due. Car is running nicely. Trickiest...
  6. leicaman

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Just turned 117,000 on mine. Timing belt just done by JasonTDI. So far so good. Just maintenance.
  7. leicaman

Today was a busy one for my Golf. JasonTDI installed a new timing belt and serviced the DSG on the 2015 Golf I currently own. All seems to be working spot on and at 117k, it was due to be done very soon. Belt had slight signs of cracking by the teeth and tensioner was showing signs of grease...
  8. leicaman

What I did to my MK 7, I replaced a fuel filter and both license plate lights. I was delighted how easy the project went. :)
  9. leicaman

Sliced finger on sharp edge in front of shifter

I am probably going to order one myself. I sliced my finger on that surround myself! :(
  10. leicaman

Increased fuel and AdBlue consumption

In the winter with winter fuel, I normally get around 42-44 mpg on the freeway jaunts (cruise set at 75) I do. If I stick to the country roads, well then I can get a few more miles per gallon. My mileage is better in the summer as I am no longer running winter tires.
  11. leicaman

Diesel particulate filter

When I had my second phase of the fix performed, I believe the part was replaced on my 2015 Golf TDI SE. It believe it has to do with miles on the unit. I had 48k when I bought my car in November and didn't have the part two fix done until parts became available the following year when I had...
  12. leicaman

suspension rattle fix

This may be common to folks on their MK 7 golf, be it gasser, TDI , GTI, or R. I was getting a low speed rattle on small bumps that was frankly driving me crazy. So I took it to my favorite suspension guy and he determined (as I suspected) that the stabilizer link or links were worn. Sure...
  13. leicaman

Ea288 oil consumption

Mine has been very good. I did have to add a half quart at one interval. SO far the oil level is where it should be.
  14. leicaman

2015 golf?

I have had all the fixes done on my at my dealer. Car runs great. This week I had the DSG service done and brake fluid taken care of. Last week I drove it to Madison, Wis. from my house which is a 2 hour trip. Pretty much stuck to the speed limit and the car returned me 48mpg according to the...
  15. leicaman

Time for some new shine!

She is a beauty.