Recent content by Leafsfan

1. Leafsfan

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$6.25 in Ontario, Canada
  2. Leafsfan

Diesel price...

Diesel $2.20/litre vs RUG at $1.30/litre in Kingston. 90 cents per litre spread and growing more by the day. Absolutely criminal.
  3. Leafsfan

Diesel price...

$219.9/L here in Kingston. Gas is $176.9/L absolute BS that this difference is so vast. Even in the US the spread between diesel and gas isn't nearly as big. Been driving TDIs for 20 years. For the first time I believe that it would be cheaper to drive a gasser VW, even with the difference in...
  4. Leafsfan

Infotainment problems

I traded in my 2011 GSW TDi for a 2015 GSW TDi about a month ago. I had the same flickering screen issue. Dealer told me it was a module problem inside the glove compartment. They took my car in over a week ago. The day after they took it in, I got a call saying they got the wrong module...
  5. Leafsfan

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

I also got one of the leftover 2015's. Before I did the trade-in of my 2011 for it I made sure that my dealer updated the Navigation database to 2017. It took a little bit of pushing on my part, but they did do it. However, I have the same flickering issue on the display screen as you are...
  6. Leafsfan

My trade in was completed this evening. Drove my 2011 GSW Highline up to Pfaff in Newmarket. Met the Ricepoint rep on arrival. She was very friendly and the entire process with her took about 15 minutes. Then I signed over the cheque from her to the Pfaff salesman and picked up my "new"...
  7. Leafsfan

Wow! You only began the process on June 4th ,and already got your appointment date?! Here is my time line for comparison... 2011 Golf Sportwagen Highline 6MT. Fully paid for, but chose the trade in option. Also at Pfaff Newmarket. They have been holding a 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi 6MT for...
  8. Leafsfan

I'm satisfied with the settlement. I'm seriously considering to trade in for an e-Golf. With the trade in vale of my 2011 Golf Wagon Highline plus the 14k Ontario incentives on an EV, it looks very appealing to me.
  9. Leafsfan

I've been looking at an EV as well for a while now. Although the e-Golf looks nice and has decent performance specs for an EV, It doesn't match the Chevy Bolt. The Bolt has double the range, with its 60Kwh battery, and more power, for almost the same price point.
  10. Leafsfan

Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Survey done. Curious to see the results.
  11. Leafsfan

RCD 510, Premium 8 is DEAD

Hi all, The stock RCD 510, Premium 8 Stereo in my 2011 Golf Wagon Highline died the other day. I checked all the fuses in the cabin and in the engine compartment. All were fine. Googled this issue, and found that it's very common for these radios to suddenly fail in the 2010 and 2011 model...
  12. Leafsfan

Diesel price...

That is a load of BS. I drive past the station daily, and they don't even have diesel fuel!
  13. Leafsfan

Mississauga, Ontario to Florida

Why would the government want to discourage people from buying diesels? They actually want people to NOT buy fuel efficient cars???:confused:
  14. Leafsfan

Pros and Cons of Diesel Engines

Here in Ontario, Canada diesel fuel is usually around 10 cents per litre cheaper then RUG for most of the year. The exception being during the mid-winter months where diesel is around par, or a few cents/litre more then RUG. However, I frequently have the same arguments here with friends...
  15. Leafsfan

Mississauga, Ontario to Florida

I wonder why that is? Diesel is usually around the same price or slightly more than RUG during mid winter months, but drops below RUG once it warms up. I filled up yesterday in Toronto. Diesel was 6.2 cents per litre (23.5 cents per USG) cheaper than RUG. Although you guys still pay less...