Recent content by larrs

1. L

VW NAVI and Monsoon owners, please read

I should have known that was the case!
  2. L

Good luck with converting to DSP. While I'm unhappy with the sound, it's not bad enough for me to go through the conversion.
  3. L

I find that the MFD does not sound as good as the original Monsoon headunit, no matter how I adjust it. And, the tone settings have to be adjusted with changes in volume, and that becomes a pain because you have to push a number of buttons to get to the adjustment. Software coding really...
  4. L

For those who have Upgraded to the OEM VW NAVI

I had that happen when I installed my TMC box. Problem was that I had the canbus high and low wires mixed up and connected backwards. Corrected that and it worked.
  5. L

Yes, except that my original, unmodified radio also doesn't work. So there's something wrong in the antenna wiring in the car as well.
  6. L

Still didn't work even with grounding the triplex. I my earlier attempts to fix this, I "modified" the antenna connection on the back of the MFD and I may have made it inoperative -- so that might explain why the triplex won't work. Dan, maybe we should try each other's MFD's in our cars. Did...
  7. L

I went to the dealer and bought the cable (p/n 3B1 035 550). This cable fits the radio connection on the triplex and the connector and the MFD. So I had the triplex sitting on top of the dash, plugged directly into the MFD. The stock connector does not look damaged to my untrained eye, but...
  8. L

I'm not having any luck with this. I found a blown 20-amp fuse behind the dash where the relays are, but I replaced that and it did't solve the problem. I tried connecting the triplex, but that didn't work either. Does the triplex have to be attached to the car so that it's grounded? What's...
  9. L

VW MFD Navigation System - Resource Thread

Triplex and Cable information Dan, which connector on the triplex is the radio antenna feed? Thanks, Larry From left to right: Mobile Phone Radio GPS
  10. L

Dan, which connector on the triplex is the radio antenna feed? Thanks, Larry
  11. L

Actually I have a triplex antenna that I haven't installed. That's one of the tests I will do on Friday. My car's antenna is in the rear window -- the rooftop one is a dummy. I thought your Navi problem was related to the speed sensor, since your speedometer was also acting up?
  12. L

I'm sure it's connected -- problem occurs even before putting the MFD back into the dash. And I reconnected the original Monsoon unit and that no longer receives radio stations either. So I don't think it's the TMC, but I have to start eliminating variables to try and track this down.
  13. L

I have a request, if it's not too much trouble (in other words, you're already opening things up) ... Would one of you who has a G unit and the TMC box installed try running the antenna feed directly into the MFD, bypassing the TMC, and let me know if you get radio reception? I have mine...