Recent content by kydsid

1. K

Farewell TDI Forum

I was going to do my own farewell but it would have said the same, minus the plug for the for sale thread. Only extra I can say is tdiclub is one of a kind. Wish their were other car forums this detailed and helpful. Good luck to all keeping your cars.
  2. K

NY Times: Researchers Who Exposed VW Gain Little Reward From Success

Ding, we have a winner. Maybe they had to cheat because they didn't have the resources to effect regulatory and legal change as outlined in our constitution and legal precedents?
  3. K

The horror!!! Bugs ahaaaaa (pictures) - how to clean condenser radiator

Use screen door material and compression brass eyelets to diy your own. Attach with short bungie cords. Its what ive done for years with trucks.
  4. K

Dont let the door

Come on folks they are all pedestrian cars made by a pedestrian company. The buyback is merely an unexpected business deal. Im supposed to turn down a purchase offer because why exactly? Anyone could buy my car for the money VW is offering. Thats all that matters.
  5. K

You even tow bro?

Can I get a number 5? 5. Oh it can tow. Well okay. But Ive got a truck thatll tow it and whatever is attached so lemmed juat skip the car part
  6. K

If you won the lottery, would it change your decision?

Nope. Its a pedistian car not some sculpted italian exotic that looks like its moving while parked. I have no love for this car more than any other. Its time to go is and has been since before September tied to the 120k turbo warranty for a while in my mind.
  7. K

Does VW have to destroy buyback TDI's?

I think that is exactly the point of the restriction. That and removing the ability for any country to blame the US gov if and when the cars show up.
  8. K

"Fixing" the 3.0: do you believe VW?

Considering Merc and BMW bot were able to figure out how to get a 3 litre V6 compliant with US law its possible. The 2 litre is where everyone else was scratching their head how VW had been able to do it.
  9. K

Who loves their CR and will take no money from VW?

What if you want to keep the car but dont believe any CR diesel from any manufacturer fits your ideal of durable.
  10. K

Miami mechanic recommendation

Thanks for your tips. Sadly neither one answers their phone. Now that the damn car just threw a cel I might have to waste my vw credit at the dealer.
  11. K

Thanks. Ill try Euro. I couldnt find a good number for Gauntlett. What specific city are they are in ?
  12. K

Just moved to Miami area. Need a mechanic for fuel filter change as all tools are in storage and I couldn't get to it before we left. Ill even settle for a respected dealership in the area that hopefully doesnt gouge.
  13. K

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

There at least one more member here aware of the goings on at CCC when first published ;)
  14. K

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Mine was more along the lines of, well that sounds exactly like something theyd do. Amusement the same as yours just from a different viewpoint.
  15. K

Nope. Because I am in no way concerned. Ive been with diesels for years in everything. I finally gave VW a chance. This mess hasnt altered my opinion of tdis or vw one bit.