Recent content by Kruso

1. Kruso

Complete BEW TDI Shortblock fs in TX

I purchased this engine about a year ago online, the vendor guaranteed it for six months and it looked to be in mint condition. Still on the pallet it arrived in, all I've done is taken the valve cover off to inspect the camshaft for wear... there is none. Looking for $500, located near Houston, TX.
  2. Kruso

Looking for volunteers to test new WVO filtration station near Houston.

Hello fellas, As a senior project for an engineering program at University of Houston-Downtown, my team created a fully automated waste vegetable oil centrifugal filtration station. Currently my TDI is down, looking for volunteers who are setup to run WVO to test our final product. If you're...
  3. Kruso

06 TDI Sluggish- No boost leaks, new fuel filter and glow plugs

I misread your post...thought you said shavings in oil filter. Shavings in fuel filter would reference tandem pump wear.
  4. Kruso

Depending on your handiness, anywhere from 2-4 hrs. Took me about 2.5hrs on mine.
  5. Kruso

MK5 Turbo replacement

If it's only the sound you're going by, I'd look into the vny actuator by testing it with the vacuum pump and test for sticking vnt operation.
  6. Kruso

06 Jetta TDI MkV (A5 chassis) w/ 1.9 BRM Engine A/C System Problems

It possibly sounds like the o-rings on the replaced valve might be the culprit. Those two pressures should not be the same (from my understanding).
  7. Kruso

Sounds very similar to when the cam/lifters wore down on mine. This would cause the metal shavings as well and fits the bill.
  8. Kruso

BRM Head Removal

Agree with James, I wouldn't pull the head just for that reason alone. If anything make sure your intake manifold is clean.
  9. Kruso

Flywheel/Flexplate Failure

Definitely a DMF, I got the best deal on mine at BoraParts when I was shopping around for mine.
  10. Kruso

AC Not Working- Here are the symptoms

Your refrigerant control valve is bad, very common issue on the MKV Jettas. It mounts into the ac compressor, you do NOT have to remove the compressor/belts to replace it. It's accessible from under the car but will have to remove/refill the refrigerant. Kruso
  11. Kruso

Compatibility in mating a CJAA shortblock on a BRM setup.

Looking for information regarding the compatibility of installing a CJAA shortblock on a BRM "engine" on a mk5 Jetta. Never mind the "craaaaazy" and "idiotic" reason why. Excited about the eye rolling emoticons:p
  12. Kruso

06 BRM with Stage 4 Malone tune w/ PD105 and ~26mpg, need tuning input

The new turbo as well as the tune was purchased from a vendor that is present on this board. I didn't purchase the tune from mark directly, it was purchased through the package deal through fixmyvw Andrew Rodriguez. This isn't a case of miscommunication on my part, should that have been the...
  13. Kruso

Greenlantern, thank you for posting that link. Yes that is the turbo that I upgraded to. When originally speaking with Andrew from fixmyvw.com, he had always referenced that turbo as the "PD105" and that's how it was listed on their website so I've gotten in the habit of referring to it as the...
  14. Kruso

The turbo is a PD105, it was a part of a package deal fixmyvw was offering towards Christmas time this past December. I forwarded the log to Andrew who forwarded it to Malone but that was over two weeks ago I believe, but have't heard back from these guys so I'm trying to proactively find any...
  15. Kruso

No disrespect but that's exactly what's being discussed. I grew up around turbos everything and I get the concept of rich vs lean but I'm not understanding if you've made a point here. Maybe I'm missing something, this isn't a stock turbo nor does it have a smart VNT actuator on it. The new VNT...