Recent content by krook

1. krook

Random Engine Hesitation

if you logged limiters, you would've seen if it was the DSG limiting the torque (fuel). i still don't think it's a bad idea to log fuel limiters just to be sure nothing is out of place!
  2. krook

Random Engine Hesitation

did you try to log fuel limiters when the hesitation happens? from there you could see what's holding it back
  3. krook

Random Engine Hesitation

is this not a dieselgate affected car? if not already patched, the acoustic function would come to mind that was used for NOx cheating. does it have a DPF and adblue system?
  4. krook

Noise from ALH injection pump - replacement questions

If you look at the pump voltage map for a 11mm pump car and a 10mm pump car you'll see that for lower rpm/lower dosage you need to give more voltage for the 11mm pump to deliver the same amount of fuel, and for high quantities it actually needs less. A decalibrated pump voltage map means the IP...
  5. krook

Maybe it's been recommended here but replacing your fuel lines directly before and after the IP with clear ones can serve with useful information about the state of the fuel system. In a good functioning system there's not a single bubble of air in the system at any time.
  6. krook

A voice recording would really help us to understand what you experience, now this kinda feels like this
  7. krook

What preferred Laptop suits VCDS

an old refurbished thinkpad is what I use for this purpose, an x230 to be precise but any XX20 or XX30 will do you good! these are tough machines, you could run them over with your car and they'd likely work
  8. krook

Need info on TDI ALH tuning and check out some of my project plans

vagecumap is a great YT channel to learn TDI mapping! these nozzles will be very very smokey with the 10mm pump as the injection pressure drops significantly. you may get 250hp or even more with the 10mm, but going with a 11mm pump is the way if you want less smoke.
  9. krook

Need info on TDI ALH tuning and check out some of my project plans

For that turbo, go with 5x0.26 nozzles and a tune definitely. You also need to add a bigger/better intercooler, preferrably front mounted.
  10. krook

A cornucopia of bag things AHU related

AFN has a VNT turbo, AHU has a WG turbo. The N75 is not interchangable AFAIK.
  11. krook

That is not true for any Bosch VE injection pump, only for Bosch VP pumps (VP30, VP37, VP44, etc.). See the image I attached. Quantity adjustment is done purely mechanically there.
  12. krook

To clarify, Bosch VE is a purely mechanical injection pump, and they do need calibration on a bench, there's no way around it. The pumps the 1Z/AHU/AFN/AVG/ALH/... come with are called VP, VP37 to be exact. For the VP37, quantity control is done by the HDK and therefore you can probably get away...
  13. krook

1. Your pump voltage map will be off no matter what anyone says. Just setting IQ by hammering the HDK is not going to solve it. A 11mm pump requires a different pump voltage map than a 10mm one, so it's in your best interest to get a re-tune with the pump voltage map adjusted. A decalibrated...
  14. krook

Another no-start thread….

Is your Start of Injection set correctly mechanically? As the timing belt stretches the pump becomes later and later in time, I would give it a check!
  15. krook

Newly acquired 97 Passat TDI - Vag-Com OBDII may not have power or a ground?

Have you tried unplugging your radio? For easily checking IP timing (with graphing I mean) I think you need the VAG-COM cable (or a cheap replica from eBay, the blue one will do fine for your 97 Passat) as well as VAG-COM, not the BlueDriver thing. Or you can try to go to basic settings channel...