Recent content by Korab

1. K

VW Buyback program is a nightmare

They reviewed and approved my signed and notarized acceptance of the offer in 20 minutes and I have an appointment scheduled to turn it in on 2/17. 5 weeks from today.
  2. K

VW Buyback program is a nightmare

They approved your release paperwork the same day? I received my formal offer letter this morning and immediately signed it and submitted it. Looking to get this hunk of crap out of my garage!!!
  3. K

Clutch or transmission issue at 80K miles - any thoughts?

Is it really going to take 4-6 months for them to buy them back? I thought it would be immediately after the settlement is approved in October? Im going to park it at the damn dealership ant let them put up with it!
  4. K

someone on another forum mentioned the synchros, which crossed my mind as well. It was weird the way it slipped out of gear the first time, but I have never heard of synchros going bad before. I never drive with my hand resting on the stick.
  5. K

thanks for this as well. am I in the right ball park at 800-1500 minimum to fix this issue?
  6. K

Thanks for this - That's what I was afraid of. Luckily I have a line on a new car already.
  7. K

That's what I have kind of been thinking, but 80K seems early for a clutch to be going. Most of these miles have been highway, so not a lot of shifting. I did train my son to drive stick on this car, but you cant smoke the clutch because it kills the engine the second the car begins to bog.
  8. K

70 views and no arm chair mechanics want to chip in?
  9. K

I am about 20 miles shy of 80k and am having an issue. Last weekend after a 1.5 hour drive I went to downshift from 6th and as soon as I touched the gear shift it slipped out of 6th like it was barely engaged, could feel a little grinding as it slipped out of 6th. Then couldn't get it Into any...
  10. K

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

its not my job to do anythingfor you - much less convince you of anything. I couldnt give a crap whether you buy a golf or not. My ego is not bruised either way, and i tend to go commando. The golf is a nice highway beater car for me that I put 50-60K on a year instead of more fun vehicles I...
  11. K

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

I've had 35,000 miles of flawless driving since Thanksgiving in mine. The doors work, the gas cap matches, and it doesn't leak anything, including fluid from the rear washer. For every person who posts bad experiences on the web, there are another thousand who are quietly enjoying their...
  12. K

2015 CR 150 tune available

Hmmm - thats not what your website says: FAQs Q. Why is VCDS required for Stage 2? A. Our 2015 tunes are still in development. If you buy a tune right now you will be considered a beta tester and VCDS logging will probably be required. Q. I have a ______ tool and it's better than VCDS, can...
  13. K

2015 CR 150 tune available

So I am gathering that the flashzilla allows you to switch back and forth between the stock and the malone tune. Are you able to download the stock tune from your flashzilla to your computer for emailing to malone if/when vw flashes you with an update? Is the stage one considered a beta...