Recent content by Koehn

1. K

Jordan's C5 Allroad --> BHW TDI

Glad to see you started your thread! And what a great looking wagon for a project. I'll definitely be following!
  2. K

Another 1.8T A4 Quattro to TDI - Lots of Questions

I really appreciate the feedback and the kind words @d24tdi ! Since I was amassing parts for the timing belt service and cam replacement anyways, I took your advice and ended up adding a few more for the headgasket. To weekends ago is when I finally got a chance to dive in. In the span of about...
  3. B6 A4 AVF Headgasket

B6 A4 AVF Headgasket

4. IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

5. IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

6. IMG_5457.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

7. IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5456.jpg

8. K

I've spent a decent amount of time with my hands behind the engine and all the hoses feel and look fine! I do have a pressure tester which was super helpful in finding the turbo coolant line leaks. When those were leaking I had pretty substantial coolant loss, the current issue is very...
  9. K

Anyone have a tips for possible coolant leak locations? I've been dealing with a persistent leak for a while now and I'm struggling to figure out the source. The back of the block is consistently wet with pink but the cylinder head appears to remain dry. I've replaced: - o-ring between the...
  10. K

Ultimate Daily Driver: 4Motion TDI B5.5 Wagon 6MT

I'm interested in this clutch setup! Are you just using the 2.0T starter or can you use a BPW or other B7 TDI starter? What did you use to space the pressure plate off of the flywheel? I've read on Audizine (clicky) about a guy who did it for his B7 swap but he had to machine the pressure plate...
  11. K

2060 vklr powertdi need feedback.

Nah sorry I don't have any logs and I don't have an EMAP sensor at all. I'm still running the stock PD130 injectors (engine is from Europe) so I don't have nearly enough fuel to make power from full boost at this point. But that hasn't affected the spool. Have you checked to see if the actuator...
  12. K

2060 vklr powertdi need feedback.

I purchased the same turbo from PowerTDI configured for a longitudinal (B6) setup a few years ago. My tune is from Malone and while it's a little soft in the bottom end (as I requested to save my clutch) it has no problem spooling up to ~34 PSI above 2400 RPM. I have a 3" downpipe that splits...
  13. K

Longitudinal ALH Swap Motor Mounts

BHW engine mounts can be a bit pricey, but essentially any B5, B6, or B7 platform engine mount should work. The C4, C6 and C6 platforms probably use the same mounts too, maybe even the D platform. I've got B6 S4 engine mounts holding the 1.9L in my B6 but I think the B5 S4 mounts are more...
  14. K

B7 Audi A4 BHW swap

GVE is the specific transmission code, with that you can find out your gear ratios. The type of transmission would actually be 02X. I've been running my 02X (GJW) in my B6 with no spacer without any issues, but I suppose that depends a bit on your clutch. I'm running the European OE setup: so...
  15. K

2002 a4 bhw

You should be able to connect to the ECU with just three or four wires. 12V power, K-Line and one or two grounds. So I'd recheck your wiring for those. That said I'm not sure if anyone's really gotten the EDC16 from the BHW to work well in the B6 platform. It's probably possible, but even...