Recent content by kmjunge

1. kmjunge

What other front seats fit in a JSW?

I was also considering swapping out my hot black interior for GTI plaid cloth seats (mostly because the plaid is rad). Does anyone know if the GTI seats are plug and play for the JSW?
  2. kmjunge

00309 - Washer Solution Metering Pump is open or short to ground

I have the GQ ecu, that's kind of why I was so surprised to see the code to begin with. Regardless, its' all good now.
  3. kmjunge

MaloneTuning/Tunezilla got back with me and overnighted new chips. The new chips deleted the "5th injector" and now I don't have a fault code anymore. That was way easier than wiring in resistors. (y)
  4. kmjunge

MaloneTuning/Tunezilla got back with me and overnighted new chips. The new chips deleted the "5th injector" and now I don't have a fault code anymore. That was way easier than wiring in resistors. (y)
  5. kmjunge

AC Electric Gremlin Hunting

That makes sense, thanks for that info. Sounds like I'll need to replace the resistor for the 4th time after I fix all the wires in the engine bay. I'm thinking by the time I get this AC working properly it'll be winter... 🤣
  6. kmjunge

I started chasing wires in the engine bay last night and found the wires to the pressure sensor were all melted together at the point where they run under the airbox. I'm thinking at this point I'm going to have to get the tape off of all the wiring in the AC system so I can get a good visual...
  7. kmjunge

I do have the resistor pack just hanging and not installed in the blower box so that makes sense. I better get that installed so I don't blow another resistor. I agree that it seems like I'm chasing a (possibly) small short somewhere that I haven't got my hands on yet. I've mainly been focused...
  8. kmjunge

98 Jetta (A3), this is the one I rebuilt the motor on last winter. I've overcome a lot of little issues on this one and it's running great now. I decided to go ahead and put some effort into getting the AC back up and operational. See bottom of post for TLDR. I've spent a couple of weeks on...
  9. kmjunge

I checked the coding on my ECU and confirmed it's set to 00002. Sounds like I need to pick up some resistors
  10. kmjunge

Yeah that's what I've read and that's why I'm confused that I'm getting this code. Is the 00309 code related to something else in the GQ ECU? I mean, what the heck is a "washer solution metering pump"? I originally thought it was referring to my windshield washer fluid pump but I confirmed that...
  11. kmjunge

I think this is the last hurdle on my 1Z converted Eurovan. I posted the same question over in the TDI Conversion forum but this seems to be relevant to the A3/B4 group too. I've googled the hell out of this code and haven't made much headway. Everything I've seen refers to issues with the...
  12. kmjunge

I think this is the last hurdle on my 1Z converted Eurovan. I've googled the hell out of this code and haven't made much headway. Everything I've seen refers to issues with the "5th injector" that was on the 96 TDI's. However I have a 1Z engine from a 97 Passat and I have a GQ code ecu. I've...
  13. kmjunge

AC issue 1z Eurovan

It took me a while to figure out that the pressure switch was looking for a signal from the thermal switch but I got it. I didn't realize I was missing the thermal switch. I borrowed a set of manifold gauges and a vacuum pump from AutoZone since I don't own either. I basically gave them a...
  14. kmjunge

AC issue 1z Eurovan

The new pressure switch didn't solve the problem. Turns out the pressure switch won't tell the compressor clutch to engage until it gets the ok from the AC thermal switch which I had not installed during the conversion. The connector was there on the wiring harness and the sensor switch thing...
  15. kmjunge

AC issue 1z Eurovan

I was able to jump the compressor clutch by sending 12v directly to it. It seems to be working fine. This allowed me to get another can of freon in the system and I'm pretty sure with ~2.5 12oz cans there should be enough pressure in the system to get the compressor to kick on (it holds about...