Recent content by klburton22

1. klburton22

Another heater core?

I haven't looked at this thread in almost a year, it's been a very busy year for me. So just an update, I haven't had to replace a heater core this year which I am very happy about. The car has been running great, I have 103K miles on it. But this maybe the last month I own the car. I put a...
  2. klburton22

Another heater core?

I watched a youtube video on the replacement and yes it is very easy.
  3. klburton22

2014 Passat tdi pros and cons ?

By now you've probably made up your mind what car to buy, but I thought I'd add to this for others. I bought a 2014 Passat in Aug. 2019. I was looking to buy a Volvo S60 to replace my 94 Volvo 940. I couldn't find one in my price range at the time but came a crossed this nice Passat. I haven't...
  4. klburton22

Another heater core?

Well it's been two months and I still have heat, hoping to make it through the winter. I have about 15k miles left on my warranty, should hit that around June, after that it will get a delete and tune plus I will be adding an inline coolant filter just before the inlet to the heater core. I'm...
  5. klburton22

"Cold-air intakes" and "high-flow air filter" FAQ

I've had my Passat for 14 months now and tonight I was looking into maybe installing a cold air system from Rawtek. While doing some reading on how to install Rawtek's cold air setup I discovered my car was missing a part, the intake air duct cover. I had no idea it was missing, I thought that...
  6. klburton22

2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium

I messed up some how when I posted this and wasn't able to write anything about it so I'll do my write up here. I bought this Passat over a year ago and it's taken me this long to get where I like the car. I've been a Volvo guy for years but bought this car solely for fuel economy. My only...
  7. klburton22

Delete kit

Thank you for the info, this is just the thing I was hoping to find for my Passat.
  8. klburton22

Another heater core?

I bought my 2014 Passat in August 2019 and the Carfax report said the heater core had been replaced at 35k miles. I thought that was odd but didn't think much about it. Last February I lost all heat and promptly got the car into the dealer. They told me the heater core was plugged and it would...
  9. klburton22

Heater Core Failure

I have the same car and had the same issue. I did not have a good time with my dealer. They did a replacement but put a leaking heater core in, got coolent on the interior, returned and my car, spent six more days in the shop. The service guy told me that this is a very common issue with this...