Recent content by KiwiCanuck

1. K

11,033 Mile Road Trip

Kelora Ontario? Anywhere near Kenora?
  2. K

Having a broken glow plug removed tomorrow....need advice!!

It’s just possible that the relevant suggestions came to the forum while the OP was offline.
  3. K

MK4 Jetta Hard Start When Cold

I had a 2005 mk4 that wouldn’t start At -20C in the first winter I had it. Shop had a quick look, replaced the starter wire, and it started like a charm. Turned out that the previous owner had replaced the starter cable with.... wait for it.... speaker wire... but that’s obviously not your...
  4. K

Old diesel fuel shelf life?

Thanks for the quick reply.
  5. K

Old diesel fuel shelf life?

Hi all, A fellow on another forum has asked if 3 or 4 year old diesel fuel (in a yellow jerry-can) can be used in his (newer) diesel pickup truck without clogging injectors (for example), or if it should be relegated to fire-starting duties.
  6. K

Knowing when to replace glow plugs

I remember seeing a pickup with a Cummins in it .. the rear window sticker: “REAL TRUCKS DON’T HAVE SPARK PLUGS” Nor do VW TDIs
  7. K

Southern Ontario Mechanic Reviews Thread

Is Wiede still in business at Eagle and Concession (oops... Speedsville) in Cambridge? Across the street from Toasters Diner... google maps still shows it as Munich Auto but Wiede’s son bought it back from them a few years ago. Best lil diner in the region at Toasters.. have an omelette while...
  8. K

OBDeleven Scanner

Er... OBDII is On Board Diagnostics ‘Roman numeral 2’, isn’t it? Not eleven? Oops. And then I look at the link and it’s really ‘eleven’.. I’ll just shut up now...
  9. K

Winnipeg oil change?

Thanks Jetta_Pilot. Added 1/2L to the mix and am back in Cambridge now (just now coming down with the cold brought home from pre-school by my niece's kid)...
  10. K

OFFICIAL Ontario "Whats it worth thread"

Looking to sell my 05 MkIV Jetta, BEW, as I've purchased another common-rail-diesel (Jeep Liberty). The good: 8 mounted tires (Hankook snows, Pirelli all-seasons), all less than two years old 3 keys, one working fob, one key is "valet" key front struts/springs from 2016 Rear shocks/springs from...
  11. K

Winnipeg oil change?

Near Winnipeg this week. BEW could use a change of oil. Have a filter with me but am sans tools. Recommendations in or near the 'peg?
  12. K

Waterloo Region Craft Beer GTG.

Curses - I'll be away...
  13. K

Petty thieves..

Thanks Windex. Lens collected. PM query sent as well...
  14. K

Petty thieves..

That's an option I was looking into. Last time I did that was in the 80s. Keep forgetting that option exists
  15. K

Petty thieves..

That's the one. PM?