Recent content by Kingcodez

1. K

Central Florida

I live near UCF, looking for a O2J transmission if anyone has a working one.
  2. K

No signal from IP for in-tank lift pump

I think the run solenoid or something along those lines is bad on my IP, there's no signal going to the pump to turn it on or energize it when the key is 'on.'
  3. K

Still running with the ALH fuel pickup, starting takes a while since I need to crank it quite a bit. Since no one has any info, can anyone recommend an external fuel pump that I can just install under the car and call it a day?
  4. K

My tractor is slow without the lift pump!
  5. K

Transmission lost calibration, can't find gears after readjusting linkage.

Yeah I bought some bushing parts, I'll grab the short shift kit later if needed. The side/side bushing in the car is breaking apart. My transmission locking pin always gave me a ton of trouble, it is so much easier to do the third gear thing and lock it down.
  6. K

SBC 14lb G60 Flywheel - Broken, Stripped Bolt.

I have a 14lb SBC G60 flywheel for a 02J 5 speed. The flywheel was purchased alongside a G60 VR6 clutch kit from IDParts. When I was installing the clutch I ran into an issue and snapped the head off one of the PP bolts. I drilled most of it out but also removed some of the threads on the...
  7. K

What to salvage

Take off the head if some of the parts are still salvageable. Post a thread in the FS section and on VWVortex and slowly part the car out until it is ready to be hauled. Craigslist - Auto Parts may be a good place to post as well.
  8. K

I re-adjusted and don't have a 5th, I figured it needed additional slight adjustments. I saw the DG kit, you just slide the cable into the metal ends, then torque the bolts down? Looks like a hassle but I was eyeing the kit long before. I have their old cheaper short shifter installed. I've...
  9. K

Thanks! I'll definitely be trying this later today.
  10. K

2000 ALH 5 speed, new SBCS2 clutch and 14lb flywheel. I drove the car 50 miles and it ran fine, 5th gear was difficult to find. I stopped to put a standing fan in the car and it bumped the shifter while in N, I then had issues finding the gears on the 500 foot drive to my parking spot. The...
  11. K

Anyone have any ideas on this issue? Can I just rig up 12v to a switch and run the pump off an acc switch?
  12. K

00 Beetle ALH 5MT The PD in-tank I installed a few years back has been giving me intermittent issues over the past few thousand. First it cut out while running, then was giving me issues turning on with the key. I replaced the lift pump with a new one, and the relay, then checked all wires...
  13. K

WTB: Mk3.5 Cabrio Door Handle -- White

The cylinder in the door handle that holds the lock assembly has broken in mine. I tried a Mk3 handle but it has a different lock arrangement. I'm looking for a white driver's side handle, I don't need the lock cylinder. I'll take a pair of black ones too. The lock cylinder fits into a...
  14. K

South Bend Clutch problems?

No, 21lb is standard, did you get it resurfaced before installing?
  15. K

South Bend Clutch problems?

Just did the same swap on the same car, with a 14lb flywheel this puppy starts up quick. Engagement is all the way at the bottom vs the top from my old clutch. I have a mild tune with PP502s. My slave cylinder went bad I guess but I didn't notice anything bad performance wise. Make sure there...